Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Socrates

Back On Step One

2 posts in this topic

Our problems as mankind are not out there to be solved, they are intrinsic or maybe I should say it is intrinsic. The ego an intrinsic problem and the only problem to be precise. No matter how technologically advanced we become it wouldn't really matter. No matter if we colonel mars or the whole galaxy it wouldn't really matter. All of that are sacrifices in the ego's pyre. Even if we all become enlightened as a generation, the next won't be necessarily. The deepest problem of mankind is that we can only build the roads that lead to growth and actual progress. We can't force anyone to follow the path and the path is only chosen to be walked by the individual. Concluding here that no matter how we grow, our children and their children will be back on step one.

@Socrates This is one awesome topic that you just posted. 

I agree that mankind's first and foremost goal is consciousness. But saying that the next generation will be "back on step one" may not be true.In OUR HISTORY , it has been that way. But if we set up the right educative environment for all our children,imagine what would happen then ? And when I say educative I don't mean academia,I mean the developing the capacity for genius through meditation and contemplation.The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston introduces this concept although he doesn't go to the application of it in depth except in cases of enlightenment.

I think that the deepest problem of "mankind" is a collective backlash of ....."individual humans who fear to ditch indoctrinated reality aka social reality ,master themselves and commit to true reality...The Truth" . Leo seems to have done it,and we are in that process.

My point being,teaching the future generation "how to think for themselves" will ensure progress of humanity.

"Give a man a fish,he'll eat for a day.Teach a man to fish,he'll eat for life." - Lao Tzu