Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truth Seekah

Niceness

8 posts in this topic

Nice people get on my nerves that's for sure. Anyone that act separately from how they the think does, I mean they are either manipulative/selfish or nice. They can also be insecure but that's different imo

Edited by Spiral

You know what I'm realizing is that the people who think they are nice are often assholes and the people who think they are assholes are often nice.

Trying to be less nice is what creates the asshole because the person over-does it.  You gotta have huge emotional awareness and be emotionally grounded to try to be less nice without turning into a dick.  Dicks lack empathy and are selfish or otherwise are compensating for some sense of inferiority they are running from.

Niceness is good when it is genuine.  Be sweet.  You don't have to play the role of the tough-guy all the time.  You will just come off as a callous prick to others.  You'll build that reputation inadvertently.  Most people want the opposite reputation.  So this is tricky.  The ego will act from the shadow creating effects in your life that that you really don't want.  You will shit where you eat basically.  No good.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You know what I'm realizing is that the people who think they are nice are often assholes and the people who think they are assholes are often nice.

Trying to be less nice is what creates the asshole because the person over-does it.  You gotta have huge emotional awareness and be emotionally grounded to try to be less nice without turning into a dick.

That's mostly because those people don't really understand why being less nice mean.

It only means being very clear about your boundaries, make sure people understand what you won't do for them when it is ask.
You can be the nicest/caring guy in the world and still being very firm and authoritarian, that's how the most successful men become actually successful, a true asshole won't go very far (or not for long).

Being more playful with people (especially with women) can be seen as that if you're a "nice guy/girl", but most people actually like this "agressive humor", it's just normal to them (just try not to overdo it with shy guy/girl, as you can clearly see they aren't comfortable with this).

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Being nice is something people usually learn by there parents.

Treat her nicely blah blah blah, while their morally is not established yet so the learn to be "fake kind" and that becomes a habit.