mathieu

Visualizing Goals Vs. Contemplating Death

3 posts in this topic

Hello. i was just having having this confusion a few days ago. I was retaking Leos LP course and also rereading books about stoicism, detachment and contemplating death like in Marcus Aurelius book. also i am doing this visualization habit about my goals and vision in life.

My concern is that I find it contradicting whenever I try to visualize my vision and, at the same time, knowing that it will not matter in the end. like it was just f***ing nothing..  just nothing in the end...  so why we are doing it all in the first place?

this really doubts me about the vision i used to visualize for myself in the future. please help me to reconcile this. (sorry if this is an idiotic question from a not so conscious person). i appreciate all comments.

Hey Math, i believe i had similar if not the exact same confusion, i asked Leo directly and what he answered was that being self conscious and knowing that there's no point in doing anything in the end gives you the power to do everything with that kind of mind state. Its the truth, maybe its hard or hard at first but its the truth and you have to love that. :) 

5 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

It's a great question dude. If I visualize and realize I could die at any time and it would all be over, this makes me realize I need to live a life worth living and make the most of it. So be it if it's meaningless, live that fucker to the fullest for yourself, who knows what's really out there, go find out.

lol. thanks. it just feels different when you realize you can die anytime, it was like a bitter truth that I have been denying for so long. it's easier to fool ourselves than to accept what is honest and real. after all, it seems like we still live like we have so much time we have in our life, because i believe that's the default way of thinking in humans. Realizing and contemplating death every single day will make this attachment crumble away little by little