Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyager

Random Feet Swelling, Anyone?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone reasonably healthy experience random feet swelling? If so, what was ya issue?

I sit for most of my 12 hours shifts for 8 days straight and wear boots. Not surprising right? Although it's only just started occurring and I've been doing this for nearly 6 years. In this time I've also been improving my health with a naturopath so i'm the healthiest i've been. I haven't been doing as much yoga this month though as been quite distracted with other things, but that's about the only life style change. I eat a high veg/salad diet, but do eat a lot of raw cruciferous which i offset with lemon juice due to the uric acid / oxalate crystal issue in joints. I went for a talk last night after work with my flip flops on and the swelling went down. Prolly just circulation. I'm not hugely worried as I only just got my latest blood tests back from naturopath and overall i'm healthy so unlikely to be dieing :)

Suspect after my 6 days in Bali next week doing 1.5 hours yoga each day and walking the swelling will go away, if not, then i'll be more worried ;) 

@Voyager This subject resonates with me since I big feet and seem to have blistering and some swelling when going to the gym. So what you should do is:

• Make sure you have enough wiggle room in your boots. You should have at least a thumbs width between your longest toe and the end of your shoe 
  • Check your shoe size to make sure that it is right. Try have some free space also on the both sides, meaning that you have the ability to pinch the shoe and grab some of the material. 
  • Make sure you have good quality shoes, and they're not worn down. If they are get new shoes.
  • Incorporate some breaks into your work routine everyday. E.g. have a 15/20 minute brisk walking break for everyone one hour of sitting. 
  • Meanwhile make sure you massage your feet to improve circulation, and put them in cold water to reduce swelling. 
  • Also drink plenty of water. Two liters a day is the amount recommended by doctors.

But, it definitely seems like you are siting for wayyyyyyy too long, get about and move around!

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Quit sitting all together, is the worst thing we can do as human beings.