Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna Konstantaki

Expand A Wrong Knowledge Graph?

6 posts in this topic

If you study quarks or colors or phonemes or carpets or numbers...

No matter what you study, that something might not bring you any closer to the truth at all. 

How do I keep being passionate and motivated while expanding my knowledge graph on something

that will  enable me to pay my bills so that I can  enjoy the fulfillment of my work 

AND live a life of a certain quality, while keeping in the back of my head that what I do on a daily basis 

is just swimming in the matrix. How can I convince myself that going along with the system in this 

case is better in the long term than meditating 24 hours a day so to speak? If we go with the Emotional

Quote both ways can supply me/it (the brain) with positive feelings and both are hard work.

Does society benefit more of an individual that commits to career and success or of someone who 

searches the authentic self, wants to be enlightened and cares about the truth? Does by the 

way my success predict if I will  influence any growth, except of my own, at all? 

When you become enlightened/truth-realized your world inside the illusion probably won't change that much for you except the perspective. Even if you dedicate your entire life to enlightenment from this moment on, there will come a point in which you will want to come back to the illusion anyway. And even if you indeed dedicate 24 hours a day to seeking, the seeking itself will become the obstacle. 

Think about the Middle Way of the Buddha. Try to avoid the extreme stuff if you are a seeker. Remember that at the end of the day all the obstacles are an illusion. Having a job is not an obstacle to becoming enlightened.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

13 hours ago, Anna Konstantaki said:

How can I convince myself that going along with the system in this 

case is better in the long term than meditating 24 hours a day so to speak?

To convince yourself of that would be a gross lie.

Why on Earth are you trying to get back into the system? Escaping the system should be your goal. The system will only make you sick, depraved, and depressed.

You should be more worried about how to convince yourself to release your clinginess to all systems.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You don't need to escape the "system" to become free. Freedom comes from your mindset (enlightenment is a perspective). You don't need to sit in a cave and meditate 24/7. You can be aware while you live your life and know that it is very meaningful and meaningless at the same time. You can enjoy life and all the 'useless' activities in a new way. This gives new kind of freedom and enjoyment. 

Of course you can change your life according to your new un-worldly goals but it is not necessary.

@Anna Konstantaki

Forgive me if this sounds all turned upside-down, but is it really that improtant to you to be in the system? I mean, really, truthfully...

The system kinda wants you to (depending on where you live and what system we are talking about) obey the rules and bring income into it, be it money, art, positive attitude, whatever. 
So long as you don't shake the boat, the system is pretty happy.

But even if you have to obey its stupid rules, there are plenty of things that you can go around, dig under the fence, if that makes any sense.

In my oppinion, retaining your connection to the system is sort of a lifeline, because you are scared to leave it. Maybe you need a bit more security?

I like to think of myself as being indifferent. As long as my wishes, goals, work and desires are congruent with what the system wants, we are good- aka I stay. But should the tables turn, I know that I will be able to turn my back on it and never look back. If that means that I have to move to a top of the mountain, grow my own food and keep goats, that is what I will do. But that really is an exaggaration.

It would more likely be the case that you move, or change lines of work or people that you associate with.  

That is my take on it, anyways.. 

Take care :) 

Thank you for these answers. After chewing on this I solved some of my thought entanglement here. Leo´s latest video was helpful as well.