Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

Planning To Go On A Solo Retreat.

7 posts in this topic

I'm planning to go on a solo retreat probably the end of this month or maybe the next month. 

What advice do you have for me. 

All suggestions welcome.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

I'm planning to go on a solo retreat

Please give some details. 

Post how you plan to execute it here. I did one for a week and it was very hard. I only went solo due to financial constraints.

I also wish I had just kept inquiring instead of writing down my insights. You may find yourself become hyper-creative, so it will be tempting to put that to work before you forget, but if Truth is your aim, just put all the focus in the inquiry and leave all the concepts and labels behind. I was way too caught up with trying to map the process.

Deep consciousness work is like exploring something so alien that your maps and attempts at explaining will only get in the way. Focus on the direct consciousness and allow yourself to be able to explain it later if you have to, not during your inquiry.

Also don't know how much you meditate but I recommend trying 12 hours straight for one or two days on a couple different occasions before a full retreat.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, Loreena said:

I'm planning to go on a solo retreat

:o

On 7/30/2017 at 11:40 AM, Loreena said:

We're social beings. We're sexual beings. We're love beings. We need the forbidden fruit. We need sex, love, laughter, intimacy,harmony, social-ness

:o

14 hours ago, username said:

Also don't know how much you meditate but I recommend trying 12 hours straight for one or two days on a couple different occasions before a full retreat.

What do you mean 12 hours of straight meditation? Does that mean no brakes at all? No eating no drinking no toilet?

@egoless Yes. Solo retreats are hard, so meditating like that is good prep.