Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Mid-life Crisis & Purpose/ Dharma

3 posts in this topic

I feel like everyone I know, or meet, regardless of age, is having a mid-life crisis right now....life direction related...especially me...perhaps I should have posted this in emotional problems......lol.......but also seriously (maybe move this?)...anyway, I have some life-purpose questions:

Re mastery: if you have been away from your skill set for an extended time, and fallen quite behind...is it best to re-direct with something similar...or suffer through the dysfunction of the loss....? (for me, this, combined with my strong critic, has been killing the vibrancy of any drive, and stomping on the sparks of any passion)....yes, I've watched the perfectionist video more than once....ideas?

Re motivation during tribulation: I understand that people have evoked and executed their purposes through great strife...even other creative people...such as those that captured battle with paint after witnessing the horror, etc....That said....there is an element of atmosphere...even vague security that is often needed to create...basic survival mode is effecting my ability to transcend....ideas?    

Re location: when I ask others actualizing their purposes if location is a component for them, the answer is often yes...but not always....how would I discover what is best for me, and my service to the multi-verse, in this respect? 

Re reconsilling intense desire to create and share...with insane inner critic, unstable circumstances, and lack of focused direction: how the fuck can I do this when I have developed a perpetual cycle reminiscent of deflating balloons that never reach the sky....

Thiat sounds pretty shitty...sorry....for those without mid-life bullshit....those that are living your purpose...I adore and respect your divinity....and humbly request your assistance.....

@see_on_see Thanks so much for your super thoughtful & insightful answer....i loved both your words, and the quote....all of it is so very, very, true! .....time management, finishing things, etc have always been struggles for me...mastering either of those things would be a dream come true for me someday! Fantastic perspectives, thanks! ....anyway, a number of "but______" excuses came to mind at times when I read your words...fortunately, I surpassed most of them ...except one ....it lingers....I have already been working for 2 years on most of the things you mentioned, and I have almost unlimited concentration for life purpose stuff....the issue is that my critic is stronger than ever (possibly even growing).... if I feel the work is important, then the work must be of a certain standard which I feel incapable of achieving at this point...I would rather burn shitty efforts than allow them to exist, regardless of the beauty of my intentions....I have the big picture....so many incredible, vibrant, epic, mural like big pictures....but I am unable to execute anything in a remotely acceptable manner at this point....this is like a brutal, smashing steel, style sword battle....it's my intense desire to actually create and serve the universe literally at war with my critic constantly....and of course the critic has been victorious in a maliciously ominipitant overlord type way...SO....of all of the techniques, rescearch, etc you mentioned, which is the most powerful, effective, and fastest blade against this critic? Life is short, the world is crazy and could end any day....I understand I have a lot of personal work to do, I will continue to do it....but I' d really like to work on my purpose at the same time ....if I can find a way...ideas?