Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randomancer

Top Ingredients For Healthy Morning Shake/smoothie

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I eat basically no processed foods, a lot of veggies/fruits however not vegetarian (yet). Very aware of my fitness etc.

I want to start drinking a healthy morning shake and have been considering what to put inside it. Reading around I would like to put like 20 different ingredients in. However, I would like to limit it down to like 5 "healthy ingredients". What I've mainly considered so far is chlorella, spirulina, maca root. What would you guys suggest to be the best choices to add into the shake, if you could only choose a few, say about 5?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: although I am open-minded to some pseudo scientifical health foods, I prefer stuff that is either scientifical or stem from some ancient asian traditions etc :) all input is welcome

Edited by randomancer

A good example would be

Water or Coconut water - Base

Fruits: Bananas 2-4 or more

Healthy Fats: Flax, Chia or Hemp seeds about 2 Tbsp

Greens: Spirulina/Chlorella about 1/2 - 1tsp or handful of kale or spinach ect..

Berries or other antioxidant source like Cacao (Goes good with maca)

Sweetener of choice like raw honey or dates

Lemon

Adaptogenic Herbs (optional)

If you want more of a chocolate protein smoothie 1 scoop of protein powder or sprouted lentils (optional)

You could also add other fruits: Mango, orange, apples, kiwi ect.. if you want more of a fruit/tang smoothie, lemon always fixes the problem if something seems missing.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I use:

2 bananas

1 avocado

handful of kale

handful of spinach

half cup of grated beetroot

1 cup of blueberries

for taste you can add vanilla, any other berries or fruit (usually slightly over-ripe fruit is best for taste)

and then i fill the rest up with unsweetened almond milk.

It's good to switch up things from time to time, so choose what is currently in your area (if it comes to fruits and greens) and if you finish a bag of chlorella then buy something else and use it for a while. 

• 2-3 bananas
  • berries/other seasonal subacid fruits
  • loads of greens - spinach, parsley, dandelion greens, kale, celery
  • for fats I'd also do hemp seeds (also packed with protein), chia or freshly grounded flax seeds
  • others - personally chlorella (but from a seriously good source), maca, raw cacao nibs, raw vegan protein powder if you're an athlete (although I don't think it's necessary), coconut water (<3) and I usually  add fresh turmeric root

My todays morning smoothie:

• 3 bananas
  • cup of berries
  • 2 stalks of celery, few handfuls of spinach, a bit of parsley
  • Triphala (not really into Ayurveda, but testing things)
  • chlorella

Tasted harcore like always but I've been doing smoothies for over 3 years and can't live without them. ;)