Joseph Maynor

Have I Captured The Three Levels Of Self

22 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

@Dodo If truth isn't useful why are you commenting anyways? To be useful to others? Lol.

What's the point in saying an average person who does nothing with their life is spiritual. I guess everything is actually "one" but we usually label things in this physical world to be able to make hierarchies and be able to function. Maybe it's true on some level, but saying that has no purpose unless you want to brag about how enlightened you are 

Imagine if someone went up to a enlightenment teacher and he said: You're already enlightened, everyone is enlightened,  trying to become enlightened prevents you from reaching it! What's the purpose of the concept of enlightenment then? What is the purpose of calling himself a meditation teacher

You jump to conclusions. I asked you whether truth has to be useful, i did not claim truth is not useful or that truth is useful.

Maybe there is no purpose and everything just is the way it is, because it is the way it is. 

Maybe you need to begin dropping your rigid concepts? Or maybe not. You decide.

I am giving my view. Contemplate what is it in you that is so attached to your view being ultimately correct. Why do things have to have a point? May I suggest that it is exactly Ego that wants hierarchies, structures, progress, achievements, enlightenment or to be spiritual in some magical way. Who says being an average person who does nothing is not in itself magical enough to be called spiritual? 

Ps: I am also contemplating the feeling in me that is urging me to respond and defend my point of view, because I see it as true from where I stand.

I acknowledge it's hard to see your own beliefs as false unless you really look at who you Trully are.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

13 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

@Dodo How else are you going to get to No-ego , than by using ego and transcending it in the end? 

Why not transcend it in the middle or the start? What is this end? It's always now. Now is the only point Ego can be transcended.

We are not using Ego in my experience, we are deeply identified with something we are not and that is Ego (what I think I am right now). I am only beginning to wake up. Pardon me if you're operating on another level which I'm yet to understand.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟