ZX_man

Fear Of Suicide?

5 posts in this topic

I've begun to notice a pretty strong fear of sucide in my life. I wouldn't even consider myself sucidal; I never contemplate suicide or anything. Recently I've been suffering from minor depression for the first time in my life, and, while I continue my spiritual path, it's almost like I fear letting go so much that it will eventually lead me to path which ends in my suicide. I also noice I project this fear onto others quite often, imagining that they're hanging on by a thread and I need to watch my behavior around them so I don't push them over the edge.

Any thoughts/tips? Anyone experience this before?

Thanks for the feedback! I've been meditating for about a year.

@ZX_man it's just thoughts man. Don't follow those. Get something else in your ears & eyes. Something you like. Long term, do you meditate every day? Once, twice? All Is Well brother. This too will pass, and this too will open a new door for you, like all other challenges have.  The ego / identity is always ready to point you in the wrong direction like this. But that's all it is. Get back to your practices of well being, and 24-7 awareness of your breathe. Everybody here loves you!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

58 minutes ago, Nahm said:

All Is Well brother. This too will pass

Love this quote, thanks for bringing it to my awareness :)

And yes, I meditate once a day, usually 20-30 minutes.

Edited by ZX_man

I have been getting similar feelings about suicide lately too. It isn't entirely new to me however; I have struggled with suicidal thoughts for years. Sometimes I think I'll drive myself to insanity with my spiritual practice and the only way out is suicide. Luckily, that thought is baloney :)

The more I inquire the more I realize that there isn't even a me that needs to die. I'm already dead! Just because there is content and sensory perceptions doesn't mean that there is a self at the center of it. They are simply just there. I can't know for sure, but if "I" were to die, then I would still be who I am, minus somethingness.

So basically, you're already dead, so what's the point in suicide? ;)