Ritu

How To Make A Balance ?

5 posts in this topic

I am little confused , I have gone through a video that talks about how to reduce Addiction, I did the same as it was told and I have reduced also to some extent but what I found is when again I came in contact with those things I found myself addicted , so I want to know , I mean how to make a balance between these things and normal life.

My addiction is social media . And I am like if I use it , I use it like so much but if I don't , I don't even look for them ( totally cut off ).

Next time, you browse social media, put some awareness to it. Do it but do it consciously. Leo has a good video "Awareness alone is Curative"

1. I am picking a phone in my hand conciously

2. I am conciously opening the facebook app

3. I am conciously scrolling through this pile of horsehit that other people post and looking at things than I don't care about. 

And last, just realise how pointless social media usually is. You get soooo overloaded by meaningless information, drama, fakeness and pretenders that your whole self agenda is out of the window. After 5 minutes of endless scrolling, I feel like having 50 gazelles run over my head....

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

did you do anything special to come to a point where you want to balance those addictions?
what did you do to come from an unconscious state of addiction, to a conscious state of wanting to change that addiction?

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

11 minutes ago, Ritu said:

Thank you @Michael569 and @Arkandeus !

@Arkandeus yeah , I just tried to keep myself away from these things like totally cut off nothing other than that.

no, what did you do, to spark the desire to balance this addiction? what did you do , to get to a point where you wanted to change?
because one moment you're doing these things, and the next you see them as an addiction that needs to be moderated, what did you do to switch from the first to the second?

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!