Trucesea_kr

Music For Good

11 posts in this topic

I am curious what music you guys like to listen to that helps you in your journey. Main stream, especially modern music seems to only explore, celebrate and dwell in the things we all are trying to overcome. Participating can be somewhat helpful, to validate that we have these strong emotions that effect us greatly, but what kind of music overcomes this?

*Edited because typos

Edited by Trucesea_kr

Any form of instrumental music without lyrics can be a good solution to this. It also helps with productivity when you are listening to instrumental music and working at the same time, since you aren't distracted by interpreting lyrics. As far as specific music suggestions go, I find Paramore to have a good track record when it comes to uplifting music, and surprisingly, they are mainstream (example song, and another).

Edited by Clay Curl

23 minutes ago, Clay Curl said:

Any form of instrumental music without lyrics can be a good solution to this. It also helps with productivity when you are listening to instrumental music and working at the same time, since you aren't distracted by interpreting lyrics. As far as specific music suggestions go, I find Paramore to have a good track record when it comes to uplifting music, and surprisingly, they are mainstream (example song, and another).

Oh I do love Paramore! It might be a good exercise to compile a list of songs like this for myself, if I do I'll post it here. I thought of this because I really like the Weeknd and I got one of his albums for a gift but his lyrics are just too celebratory of dysfunction and I don't listen to this album someone thoughtfully gifted me which is a shame. While in my car I usually listen to the smooth Jazz station and even though I'm not religious I have been listening to a local Christian station because its it's always positive and uplifting if I think of interpretting it more ambiguous. I just substitute "Jesus" and "God" for "love" and "that indefinable quality of the universe" but it only works with some songs.

Very relaxing. His other mixes are also very good.

This has been my study mix for years. I know it by heart.

This entire album is a musical journey following a genius boy and his struggle to create the theory of everything, while sacrificing many things he holds dear to achieve his vision

I like Frank Turner's music.  He recent album "Positive Songs for Negative People" is quite good.  And that album title gives you an idea of what to expect from his music.

This is an older song of his but my personal favorite.

".. meekly shuffling down the path of mediocrity, well if that's your road then take it, but its not the road for me ..."

Mozart - Sinfonia Concertante

Mozart - Piano sonata for two pianos in D

Bach - Air on G string

Beethoven - Emperor Concerto Second movement

Chopin - Nocturne in E Flat Major

Bach- Aria from the Goldberg Variations

Handel - Ombra Mai Fu (orchestral version)

I love Tool and a perfect circle for hanging out, also deep emotional lyrics.

For ass kicking purposes: i am addicted to motörhead :), never fails to get my corpse up and killing it.

I often tried to listen to classical music while learning for exams, but i found that i get "emotionally" distracted when listening to it. Then technical / math metal came across, it is more neutral to me than classical music and doesn't interfere with my concentration.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Locooig

I often switch between different genres of music to listen to, whatever vibes with me in the moment. I listen to instrumentals mostly since they are not very distracting. Classical music, chillstep, celtic music, fantasy music, fairy music, mellow music, etc. Anime soundtracks.

And Indies, alternative rocks, rock...

I enjoy a few of good mainstream music, summer mixes, electronic music, remixes to pump me up, get motivated, dance.

I usually limit the amount/time I listen to music becauseI don't let myself be too reliant on it. (One time, I was super ADDICTED to a certain song. I couldn't stop listening to it and my mom took away my listening device. I got so angry, pissed,  threatened her to give it back by pretending to attempt to jump off the balcony! Lesson learnt.) 

These are my favorite channels. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMostlyStrings 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJU2L3HzKGOhLYEaqiqSrw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOTVWVaIh3NoJsbwq4Tucg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCVPA8UIeyG-UIh-GoOCW-g

@Trucesea_kr

Music is just music and nothing more. it is up to you how you label it. For me, melodic techno classical music and some alternative bands  is something i find myself in.

Music itself can not overcome problems if you understand what music actually is. Just seeking for music is emotional need on its own but you are just not aware of it (because ego masks it as being something different and that it is - being true which is not)

Edited by Natura Sonoris

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels