Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OhHiMark

Bad Experiences Are Gift-wrapped Gems

3 posts in this topic

Every few months I discover something else about myself/Life. First it was how my ego was causing certain emotions that I thought were natural but a few days back I've made my next discovery;

When Life was going well for me i.e new gf, job, random cheque in the post, it was easy for me to be happy, help the old lady with her bags, see everything as beautiful etc, but when Life was bad then I experienced the opposite.

I've realised that negative situations are what you really grow from, not the positive one's. If you can keep control in a bad situation i.e you lose your job, then the world becomes your's and you become unstoppable. If you can get through that then you take full control.

You start not to enjoy positive situations because subconsciously you know it's a novelty, but should you take control of negative situations then you can enjoy positive one's fully.

I was going to create this thread before but today I had a audition for a video game character which would have a been an amazing break, and I failed miserably but instead of beating my self up, I'm embracing it, that I had the chance to audition. It may feel fake to tell myself "I love myself" and "Well done for even going" but  it's better than the alternatives.

I need to embrace rejection, awkwardness, negatively.

:)

Edited by OhHiMark

Good on you. Great start.

Once you start always finding/seeing the positive in every negative, you will start see multitudes of positives to every single negative.

Yup. A great book is "The 50th Law" and specifically the chapter on "turning shit to sugar."

Seeing everything as an opportunity to grow, to learn from your mistakes, to turn it on it's head into an advantage was crucial to a lot of things in my life.

Good stuff.