Harvey

Intelligence Symptom

8 posts in this topic

Any one please explain to me is it good or bad my brain always want to get involved with intellectual staffs in different kind form such as (quote , thinking, imagination, books..etc ) most the time is it an addiction need to be worry about it?

Your answer, if you are honest, is in what do you get out of it. 

You wouldn't be doing it for nothing, so ask yourself "Why do I do it"?

24 minutes ago, Harvey said:

@Visitor I'm trying asking myself again and again.

Nobody does something consciously for nothing, and since you wish to find out why you do it. Please consider the following.

Remember, a lot of our truths have been censored and heavily veiled to keep our ego's interests alive. So your answer is most likely found in the subtle. That is why a deep introspection / meditation is often required (until you become more attuned to the subtle).

My ego used to ridicule me (shaming) for wanting to look at things which I (my ego) feared to find out. My mind would say things like "This is insane, there is nothing to find." "We looked here before." "Don't be so stubborn and give up". But I do not pay attention to this. Then after a while of silence something comes to the surface of consciousness (a revelation) as if to say "Is this what you are looking for"! At last some truth, and because it took so long to be revealed, sometimes an hour, it usually reveals what I did not want to know, because it usually requires me to let go of what I was hanging onto.

You may find the more you have invested into doing something the harder it can be to let go of it.

I was in my fifties when a revelation nullified all my life's work in creating a legend in my own mind. The slate was wiped clean. Even today I hesitate to talk about my passed. When I do, it is only to explain something, and not to boast.

@Visitor

So how would you go about introspection to get some of there insights about yourself?

Do you sit down and ask questions like: "What am I hiding from myself?" or "Why can't I let go of ...?"

Yes. But the less words used the better. Using a single word to contemplate on really focuses on the issue. Things we have trouble finding is hampered by some sort of fear. So don't be surprised to find the truth about what you fear.

To ask a general question like "what am I hiding from myself"? is better ask what is it about me I am afraid of. The common ones are labelled under the single word 'secrets'.

@Visitor  what you are suggesting is good to ask until it reveals itself but what  I'm experiencing is that when I read some quote or strong poem my mind wants goes into deep meaning of it that's why this is pushing me always to read and read and more read and meditations , contemplation , samadhi meditation :)

8 hours ago, Harvey said:

@Visitor  what you are suggesting is good to ask until it reveals itself but what  I'm experiencing is that when I read some quote or strong poem my mind wants goes into deep meaning of it that's why this is pushing me always to read and read and more read and meditations , contemplation , samadhi meditation :)

Nothing wrong with that, as far as I know. I do the same.

Remember that most people read stuff about what is easily observed on the surface of life. Now and again some polished stuff among the rough is found, often thinking they found something of great value. We collect these polished bits as prized possessions of self value. Then, if you are lucky (preparation meeting opportunity) a diamond in the rough is found. A diamond which nullifies nearly everything you thought was of value. Even some of the polished stuff becomes tarnished. A whole new perspective to life evolves.