hinawashi

Am I A Just A Fictional Character?

5 posts in this topic

Sorry for disappearing for such a long time.

I've been looking into this problem with self-image for a while now, and from what I can understand so far, I think the way other people see me is nothing more than a fictional character.

I came across this idea when I was explaining to one of my friends, who was being bullied online, that people can hate anyone for any reason. I tried to elaborate on this idea but the only thing I can come up with is the idea of the self-image being more or less a fictional character. It was meant as a way not to take any insults personally but later I realized that it sort of applies to me as well.

Of course they dismissed my idea as pure crazy cuckoo-speak, but when I think back to it and I realized it might be a sign that my ego is dissolving. I'm still having doubts whether it's a good thing so I thought it might be a good idea to come here and ask for help.

Well, what's the difference? Really, what distinction is there between you and a fictional character, and is it inherent or arbitrary?

It's interesting how we're so indoctrinated with this personal sense of narrative, so lost in these stories about ourselves that we lose sight of the pages upon which they're written.

Of course ego will dismiss this, either as crazy, stupid, evil, whatever. Why shouldn't it? If you were given the choice to jump into a dark chasm with no bottom in sight, or back away, which would you choose? Obviously, ego would doubt whether it ought to jump into the scary hole. It doesn't want to die.

@hinawashi It's a gift when someone calls someone an idiot, a fool, a chair...it's all the same. It all only serves to help you realize what you are.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You are whatever you think you are, but it are only the acts that we do now that really define us. The self-image is a story we tell ourselves, to justify what we do. Since all is relative, experience is subjective, the character that you think you are is only your own perception and doesn't have to be the same as other people see you.

I think that when the body and mind are more separated the feeling of being a fictional character is heightened, but when your words become your deeds and you stop telling but start doing, then the fictional character you tell yourself will start to become non-fictional. People will then really start to see you as you think you are.

Thank you for all your feedback!

I've already gone past the stage where I'm easily aggravated by peoples easily. I've been using the technique of detachment to untangle a lot of stuffs in my life, so I've been hoping that I can give some advice to people that have similar problems. However this feeling of detachment has left me feeling empty. I think I might have to start another thread here because that's a completely different topic.