Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Is Accepting And Loving Your Thoughts No Matter What They Are Good Practice

6 posts in this topic

I find that I have moved into do nothing meditation for 1 hour a day.  And it's like when a thought comes into awareness I am also aware of acceptance and loving it, almost like giving the thought a little touch of love.  I just started to gravitate towards meditating this way recently.  I've gotten away from all the other kinds of approach to meditation.  Just naturalness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I prefer an impartial observation of thoughts or feelings that may stir especially of those I am not seeking to endorse but if a loving acceptance is working for you that is all that really matters.

Having a mindset of loving acceptance can surely be a healing influence on the psyche so I wouldn't suggest it has no value. In fact, for some people this is the exact type of approach that creates the inner life that benefits them most.

@Nichols Harvey No, he is someone else, he's just a long time subscriber of that person and maybe picked up some of their lingo along the way.

If you are trying to do nothing, it means you are trying to do nothing mentally as well.. Basically, you surrender the doer.. if you are trying to give loving touch to the thoughts, you are actually 'doing' something...

do nothing meditation seems to be another name for mindfulness for me.. Because, when you are mindful, you are actually being a witness of whatever that happens, without you trying to do anything. When a thought arises, you give it space without repressing it or judging it as a good or bad thought.. that is what accepting the thought means. If you try to give love to the thoughts, you are deviating from mindfulness, you become a 'doer' instead of being a witness..

Assume that your mind has got nothing to do with you.. Just look at your thought process as if you are watching clouds passing away. don't interfere, don't judge, don't try to think a thought yourself.. But when the thought arises, just allow the thought to pass. don't try to love it, don't try to hate it..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1