Key Elements

Questions For Every Teenager

3 posts in this topic

He makes a whole lot of sense. I guess what he is saying is that society never really acknowledges a kid's "life purpose" and his/her possible contributions to society. We tell kids  "go to school,study to get a good job,marry and have kids and that's what life is about" of course in an indirect fashion. Society is not concerned with raising the kids' awareness of his/her position in the world and his/her place in this universe...what it means to be alive , what it means to be a functioning human being.. AND you can't blame society cus certain parts of the world still cant afford that .

The real purpose of education seems to be lost too,which explains why kids arent motivated to go to school or learn.The norm of "study to get a job and gain financial freedom" seems like a negative motivation.but this is the paradigm that is being used most places. as of now i dont think this paradigm would change drastically but its still possible. That maybe why kids would rather waste time with their friends ,seek social approval, etc. and continue to adopt the thinking patterns their society has adopted.

But you cant expect 14-year old kids to have life figured out. They WILL have to live through life and find themselves in order to know what their role in this world is.But it suppose that shouldnt take very long.I think it ALL comes back to not teaching kids to look within themselves beyond what has society has brought them up with. BUT then again,we are talking of 14 YEAR OLD KIDS..of course they are not mature.

Its the autodidactic lifestyle that kids will love , just like Leo said in one of his blogposts. Helping all of them to implement that is quite the task but we can try.

I really appreciate this guy's efforts, doing the survey and then spreading the message.Kudos to him!

hey! thanks for sharing, I loved this talk

takeaway: shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<