Himanshu

On Polyphasic Sleep | Get The Most Time Out Of Your Day / Revelation: Sleep Is Largely A Waste Of Time

3 posts in this topic

Polyphasic sleep, as opposed to monophasic sleep, is the practice of sleeping multiple times a day, drastically enhancing the quality of REM sleep while reducing the time spent sleeping. In popular names, it has been used by Winston Churchill, Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Salvador Dali, Buckminster Fuller and Thomas Edison. 

An extreme polyphasic sleeper, after sustaining the adaptation period may sleep only for 2-3 hours a day leaving the rest of the time for other important activities.

I'm unsure if this has been covered under any of Leo's videos on Routine and/or Time Management, nevertheless, this still makes an intriguing and useful topic to cover on its own.

What an interesting concept, thank you for sharing. Have you had experience with this yourself?  the topic sounds fascinating. Sleep itself seems to be a very interesting and potentially mis understood part of existence and being, one that could hold many many keys to health, well being and consciousness, therefore overlapping into self actualisation and effectiveness.

I personally have found 'napping' and sleeping in short time frames when I have had little sleep during the night very helpful. 

I've attempted the Dymaxion sleep schedule for a week but could not continue as it interfered with my classes and other activities. I'm a biphasic sleeper for about 2 weeks now, sleeping 12AM-4AM and 3PM-5PM which saves me 2 hours from how I've been sleeping earlier. 

This website explains the basics: 

https://www.polyphasicsociety.com/polyphasic-sleep/overviews/