Joseph Maynor

Is It Odd To Have No Regrets In Life

5 posts in this topic

I'm 39 years old and I've been thinking about my life a lot this year because I'm gonna be turning 40 this year, kinda did a huge life-review -- and to my surprise I can't find anything in my life to regret.  Everything I've done has led me to here, so how can I truly regret anything I've done?  I followed my heart.  Anyone have an opinion on regrets?

Then that's a great thing to discover! Keeping doing what you love and understand that draw backs are part of life and are the greatest opportunity to learn/improve. Did you opinion shift of how content you are when you got older?

@Principium Nexus it's hard for me to say for sure because I never did such an extensive life-review before.  And my life hasn't been very happy in sum.  Even today I am not very happy, but I can see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.  Like when you are driving in a long tunnel and you see that little white dot appear and your heart skips a beat.  But I am more fulfilled today than ever before.  And I know I'm on the right track for me now.  My happiness will only increase from this point onward.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Depends if you are addicted to suffering or not. If you have no regrets, that's great. Lol

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu Thanks.  I think I do have an addiction to emotional suffering.  As odd and counterintuitive as that sounds.  This goes back to all the suffering I experienced in childhood.  Emotional suffering seems very normal and natural to me.  Happiness seems like total change to me, and thus seems scary -- like untrodden, unfamiliar territory.

Edited by Joseph Maynor