Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyatt

Ginkgo Biloba Quiets The Monkey Mind

4 posts in this topic

This morning, on my way out the door, I took 120mg of Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract in 2 capsules. I had taken 60mg a few days ago and it seemed to have a very slight affect on my mood and concentration, so I decided to up the dose. About 40 minutes after taking the capsules, still in the car getting to my personal training client, something very strange happened. I noticed that I had ZERO internal dialogue. No monkey mind, no judgmental thoughts about others or myself, no autopilot thoughts. Just pure silence. I have been meditating and focusing on concentration techniques for a few months now, but have never felt such peace and tranquility! I could direct my mind wherever I saw fit without having to worry about getting distracted with wild thoughts. And when thoughts did arise, I felt like the observer of the internal phenomenon rather than the thoughts controlling my being. When I was done working with my client, I went to my car and meditated for about 30 minutes. That quick session was the closest to BEING I've ever had! The effects lasted a solid 4 hours. Gonna give this a try tomorrow as well

TLDR: If you want to really quiet your monkey mind, try Ginkgo Biloba extract. Works extremely well with practicing concentration and meditation.

Ginkgo is an amazing herb, I pair it with Gotu Kola both Divinely Unique but work great together :)

I need to start getting into testing herbs first thing in the morning again to really study them and observe the effects.

Reishi Mushroom also gave me a similar experience to what you explained, Thanks for sharing

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto @Wyatt  I have only rave reviews for Reishi....Ginkgo & Gotu Kola are amazing, yes....and I don't want to fall into the trap of being one of those "herbs are dangerous" types...because for the most part, medicinals bless us with more benefits than harm...even the ones people fear....that said....I have one warning with combining the 2... (Ginkgo & Gotu Kola)... I believe there is a possibility they may bring on schizophrenia in those that are pre-disposed.... like cannabis can....at least this is something I've witnessed with someone that took this as tea daily.....I have no proof that it's directly connected for certain.... that said, if you may be at risk...maybe consider drinking a different potion....

Well said ^ but in all honestly its highly unlikely for natural medicine to cause any harm any more than pharmaceuticals made in a lab would. At least you are doing one good thing there by taking the natural/original approach.

Brings me back to this quote :P

103209-alternative-medicine-natural-healing-pinterest.jpg

Thanks for your input its always helpful to be honest.

B R E A T H E