How to be wise

Should We Be Seeking Knowledge Or Not?

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Pinocchio NTO-Dingu said:

I'll tell you one thing up front: I'm no follower of anyone. Not Leo and not Jed. I do like Jed's books though, just like I like Leo's videos, but I have no qualms about making critical observations.

That said, I found out first hand how easy it is to get hooked somewhere without even realizing it. So I'm curious about your insights. But if I might ask, why do you require registration for access?

As for pinocchio, now you've really piqued my interest! I lurked on his old forum too and don't recall seeing it there either. So... that would be quite the find.

I understand. I am no follower either. Jed got this one very early on from me,

I haven't opened the Jed section to anyone yet. I get requests daily.There are some physical reasons for it, as well as this... I would like to collect facts. Nothing but the facts, aside from my personal encounters with him. But for some reason everyone prefers to keep all to themselves. There are people who did the Navs. There are people who some time in the distant part met Jed. There are people who communicate with him, as I did for a long time. There are poeple who skyped with him... Yet... nothing. I can't understand this. The mystery keeps it going, and all seems to add to the mystery, when there is NO mystery of Jed at all.

Frankly, I am in two minds about it. Do I just open it, or do I ask people to contribute some info before they can see his physical ID.. don't know yet. My account of how I came to know him, and the correspondence will be available anyway. Just the photos that I can;t decide on.

I looked in the web archive, no images. It seems not to keep them anymore for Jed webs, just the links. But I remember this image and the name real well, this is why I posted here.

enlightened no one

www.enlightenmentmyth.com

It still begs the question why you'd be trying to "expose" someone's private life, even if maybe you do have a rare inside scoop.

Is it really a cult thing? Is that why nobody is talking? If there is no mystery at all then what's this all about?

Yeh the image and the name go together really well... I found mine on a hasty google search.

It is a new form of cult where a guru can be physically absent, and everything is controlled so easily, with a click of a button. Jed deletes absolutely every post that questions him in any way. We fell out once on the forum in 2014 when i began to question him, but 'made up' withing a day.

Why expose... well, think of all the guru worshipped and adored, who benefit from it enormously, Then some scandal takes place, usually of unsavory nature. Why do they get worshipped? Because very few know the real person behinfd the image. In Jed's case - he made this into an art form. Yet.. he is the man, with all resultant actions. Do not get me wrong.. he is fully realised. His audiences - are not.

enlightened no one

I will arite about how I managed to reverse engineer him and see what is behind the Mask. Last time we bumped into one another in Snooky - he ran. Physically. Very mature.

enlightened no one

All the recent changes he made on the forum - were because of me.

enlightened no one

Just now, Pinocchio NTO-Dingu said:

I mean why get tangled up in it either way? The world is full of shit like what you describe, and just as full (if not more so) of people trying to "expose the frauds". It's sickening no matter who's side you're on.

(I think I can be frank with you without you taking offense - none is intended, I'm sure you see my point).

Anyway we could go back and forth about this endlessly. If there's anything in your stuff that helps me inoculate myself against hooks in general then I'll be reading it. But as for Jed's (or anyone else's) personal life or unsavory scandals or other sensational tabloid fodder, I'm not interested.

I don't take offence. It has all been killed, you can be as frank as you need to, I prefer that.

As to your question on why bother.. I am allergic to lies. There is no other explanation. Jed's life, personal or not - is Reality. I am not interested in the mind made, illusory stuff of books and man made image. The image is cultivated in the minds of others for one reason only - personal benefit. Gurus don;t have 'normal' jobs, why bother when gullible humans can send money to a third name to some stranger in Cambodia via Western Union, of all things? They have no ability to think for themsleves. I do.

enlightened no one

You take from it what resonates - and leave the rest. I don't think I have a choice in the matter.

All my best.

enlightened no one

Do you have a 'normal' job?

Anyway it's your life. I wouldn't waste mine like that (I waste it in my own way entirely 9_9 ). To each their own.

Thanks, you too.

Of course, I have a normal job. I need to eat and I am not in a hurry to part ways with this world :)

I don;t consider it a waste. I enjoy uncovering the real human truth. What else is there to do?

enlightened no one

Yes, it is possible to talk about the concepts of 'enlightenment', 'spirituality' etc. Internet forums are full of people endlessly debating this. 'Spiritual teachers', those who REALLY saw there is nothing to see - enjoy the game of extraction.

Truth IS in the specifics of each human. Can you tell me what lies beyond that?

enlightened no one

You see.. this is what keeps the Game going. Chasing own tail into eternity. In the meantime.. Jed likes Indian curries and beer and other things. Enlightenment doesn;t bother him much :)

enlightened no one

Can anyone?

Yes. There is nothing, but hwat you sense, feel, touch, perceive. That's all there is. That's all there has ever been. That's all there ever will be. Then you die :)

enlightened no one

Jed got that, but he will not tell anyone about the last piece of the puzzle. It is very difficult to sell 'nothing' without giving it a name, and in his books he gave it plenty of names. He is a highly intelligent man.

enlightened no one

How exactly is he benefiting from withholding that ostensible last piece, if he already got his money?

(you're talking about that Navigator Series aren't you)

The Navigator, yes. The forum has been nothing but a recruitment ground. One of the very first rants Jed made when he opned it was 'Requests for Business Ventures' where he asked people to write to him with possible suggestions. That is another thing which I don;t know of.. yet. He deleted that one recently, but I have a copy somewhere.

Books provide income, but not as much as you would like to think. And Cambodian medical system, if to the Western standard - is ferousously expensive. Ohterwise one would die here, expats suffle off the mortal coil here every week, some cannot afford the treatment., and Jed is  not that young.

enlightened no one

6 minutes ago, Pinocchio NTO-Dingu said:

How exactly is he benefiting from withholding that ostensible last piece, if he already got his money?

How... let's see.. if you know there is nothing in the end of it all, but reality of what already is.. would you shell the money for this knowledge?

enlightened no one

Hey, there is a time limit on posting, it makes one wait. Sorry for the delays.

You don;t seem to see how this works. I can tell a thousand times 'Do not think of the pink elephant, and that's all you will end up thinking about' The deeds are what proves the point, not the world. If there is no pink elephant - why talk about it, write about it, have Navs Series about it? Huh?

enlightened no one

Ramana Maharshi:

'The intricate maze of philosophy of the various schools is said to clarify matters and to reveal the Truth, but in fact it creates confusion where none need exist. To understand anything there must be the Self. The Self is obvious, so why not remain as the Self? What need to explain the non-self? And of himself he adds: I was indeed fortunate that I never took to it (i.e. philosophy).

Had I taken to it I would probably be nowhere; but my inherent tendencies led me directly to inquire ‘Who am I?’ How fortunate!'

That's a fair point but you can't say that he didn't warn everyone. This in contrast with pretty much every other "teacher" or "guru" out there. And some people happen to genuinely "want" this nothing. They don't have a choice in the matter either, as you put it. So I could just as easily argue that what he is providing for those people is mercy. If I thought someone could give it to me, I'd pay a lot of money for it and consider it a steal.

There is not contrast. Every 'teacher' out htere says the same stuff, but expresses it differently. Jed expressed it with force, that is all. He also said 'All is available for direct knowing' That is correct. He cannot give you or anyone what is already there. You only need to start asking questions, REAL questions, not the conceptual questioning which is what he is doing now. Why? Because if real questions are asked - the Game is over. Jed needs to eat too.

enlightened no one

I asked him the real questions. The ones he couldn;t answer. From that - I got it all.

enlightened no one

That still doesn't answer my question. Jed's getting his money, let's stipulate to that. As to his motives, I'm really not that interested myself. But just how is he withholding anything and how is he benefiting from it? If I were uncovering a fraud in all this then that's what I'd want to know.

Do tell.

P, the real questions,, why he needed the business proposals.. why he wanted an ashram, and I said this would never happen..  and it will not, unless he drops his annonymity, which is highly unlikely. I asked him why anonymity, when I already know him, and hence.. what else is behind this crazy desire to keep a secret? What is he hiding from? I asked him about his little adventures here in Cam. I asked him why he spent 12 years in SE Asia, and I know from experience what white dudes do here. I asked him why he blocked the search facility for non members on the forum only two days after I mentioned it, and he denied this was in any way connected. I asked him if he saw me in Snooky, and he came up with a story which was not true. I asked him why he said he said he was in xx when in reality he was still in Cambodia, and I showed him how I know... etc. etc. etc. The endless list of lies, and for what?

I asked him real questions, and with each lie or half baked reply I started to see the Reality behind it all. And then there was completely nothing, even though I had already been cooked two years prior. The final piece fell into place. Jed knows I see what he sees, but he will say I am crazy, Never mind. I wasn;t crazy when he came to check me out without even telling me. Sherlock Homes. I am mirroring to him what he is, and he is policing the forum now and has set up his shop in the open.

I see the Game. Once upon a time I didn;t see any of it, but I have an inquisitive mind and a very good bs detector. He knows that too. Deeds versus words. Words are a penny a dozen. Reality is a good teacher. And I got the final piece of the puzzle.

enlightened no one

I could try to sell 'nothing' but it is not in my DNA. Each to their own I guess. Let people have their own direct experience. But let me tell you.. most will never grok it. Jed sells the Dream of enlightenment. Pink elephant. The lure is too strong.

Good night, P.

enlightened no one