Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will Bigger

I'm Getting Attached To Theory

4 posts in this topic

The theory I have which I got from the nonduality community is that "everything is consciousness," and I find myself getting defensive when I, for example, read articles which argue against this theory. And, I find myself wasting meditation time trying to rationalize how everything could be consciousness.

The theory has become like a security blanket, how can I take it off?

Meditate like a motherfucker until you awaken and see your thoughts as something separated from you.

This isn't enlightenement, and it is quite "easy" to do.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Love your sibling even though they have not had an opportunity to come to their own personal realizations of the meta-nature of the universe.  Allow your view to be known, and that is enough.  If there is fertile soil, the seed will grow.

@Will Bigger Become mindful right now of what "everything is consciousness" is for you. It's a thought. Right? Isn't that all it is? So... what now? You have a thought which keeps arising which sounds like "everything is consciousness", but that's all that is. A sound in your head. What good is it to you? No good at all. Try to become mindfulness of this point so that you lose your infatuation with this sentence by seeing it as just a sentence.

Also notice the following simple fact: everything you've ever encountered in your entire life, you had to be conscious of to experience it, yes? So everything is experience, yes? So everything is consciousness! See? It's not rocket science. Hold up your hand. Look at it. It's made of consciousness. Look at a tree outside. What's it made out of? Well... aren't you conscious of it? So consciousness! What else could it be? The only thing you've ever interacted with is consciousness. Try to name one thing which isn't consciousness. Try real hard!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.