mmKay

Smart Watch recommendations

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone here use smart watches? What are your favorite uses and features? Any recommendations?

 

I just bought a very simple Galaxy fit 3 for tracking sleep. I don't think it's very acuérdate but I'm still looking into it.

So far I like wearing a not too big piece of tech on my wrist 

 

What are your faves, tips and tricks?


reminder: My life's mission is to help men Completely Heal ALL their Ego Wounds, so they develop a Mature, Healthy, Strong and Integrated Self-Esteem & Ego. Apply for free help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right tool for the job - smart watches tend to specialise in domains.

Is it for fitness tracking or actual smart watch functions? Or a bit of column A, bit of B? 

😀


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If what you care most is accurate health data i'd go for the apple watch or the latest top end galaxy watch. Otherwise look into the garmin premium watch line (though they do cost 700€+)

For best battery life with 0 compromises I'd look into the garmin enduro 4 ( up to 90 days battery life).

For best value I'd go with watches from the amazfit brand.

For most functional with 0 distractions I'd go with the garmin wristband or the google fitbit air (there is also the hume but I believe this one has a subscription service which is a negative in my opinion).

For good smart watches with decent prices but maybe not the most accurate health data I'd look into any watches from these Chinese brands like Huawei, Xiaomi etc. Also google makes a pixel smartwatch I believe. These will be premium watches with lots of smart features but not the most accurate health data.

Also I've owned now 4 different smartwatches & at least my experience has been that yes they're a cool piece of novelty for a while or great for your marathon training sessions but the rest of the time they'll just sit in a cupboard unused. I don't wear them to bed and measure my sleep data because I find them constricting and annoying. I'd say that they are most definitely not a need and much more of a luxury item. Consider carefully before getting one if you really want it. I ended up giving away 3 of the last watches I owned because I just didn't use them enough. This last fourth one I also plan to give it away during the christmas period. I've owned 2 amazfit and 2 Garmin watches in the past. Current watch I have is garmin instinct 2s. It has worked well but I find the garmin watch interface to be very poor and unintuitive with a long learning curve. 

I think this whole smartwatch craze first kicked off with the introduction of the first galaxy gear watch that accompanied the galaxy note 3. But up to not so long ago (like 2010-2011) people went about their sports training without smartwatches and it was all good. So most definitely you dont actually need one. 

Edited by LoneWonderer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now