Clabber Girl

How do you deal w/ MAGA family discussion at holidays?

22 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Perhaps the single worst discussion ever revolved around animals not being sentient. It came out that my cousin was putting his cat in the dryer for (only one or two seconds!) to discipline it. I slapped him and walked out

I've worked a lot of my reactive anger as well, but the 14 year old in me wants to tell him that HE is not sentient and then to shove him in the dryer, see how he likes it, lol.  

A good example of why I prefer being around animals over a great many number of people.

Quote

- and I was told I was being judgemental. 

Funny how this often only goes one way, like they're not being judgemental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eos_nyxia said:

I've worked a lot of my reactive anger as well, but the 14 year old in me wants to tell him that HE is not sentient and then to shove him in the dryer, see how he likes it, lol.  

I am stealing this as my visualisation to express and process these feelings of total dismay, anger and upset for future 😁 

I love playing out scenes in my imagination to aid in sitting through tough experiences. And it's not a form of escapism, it helps feel the emotions more truly - then let go! 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now