Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olaf

mapacho and ayahuasca

6 posts in this topic

I have done ayahuasca twice and in every ceremony they used mapacho. So that smell of mapacho reminds me of my ayahuasca trip. I have a friend who is into psychedelics and who is preparing himself to become a shaman, quite cool. Every time I meet him he blows mapacho smoke on to me for a few minutes and after that I feel lighter. I am wondering if it really is the mapacho or if it brings me back to my ayahuasca trip. Have you guys tried mapacho and does it work for you? Or is it just in my head? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I was blown by tobacco smoke. And then a powder that they blow into your nostrils. That did have an effect. This was before a mescaline trip.

Edit: Yes, both of those are also called mapacho (which are species of tobacco leaves) The powder was especially good at clearing fear and anxiety. It is semi psychedelic due to its potency.

Edited by Human Mint

I am the impossible made reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Human Mint interesting, yes it feels quite powerful, I thought it maybe came that it reminded me of my trip, but if you have the same experience, then it could be more then that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In shamanism, tobacco is considered the master plant.  Mapacho is a strong tobacco (10 times stronger than regular tobacco) considered sacred in the Amazon.  I did a plant diet in the amazon, and on the last day the shaman gave us black ayahausca, which is the strongest ayahuasca you can get.  He did a healing ceremony where he would blow mapacho smoke on each person and wave the smoke on you with a chakapa leaf.  During the ceremony, he absorbed too much mapacho and had what looked like a nicotine poisoning.   He started stumbling around the room and vomiting.  Some believe this is because the shaman is taking on dark energies of the patient’s body.  When this happened, I was under the black ayahuasca, and I saw a spirt come out of the jungle and he was rolling on the floor laughing.  He looked at me and said:  “if you want to be healed,  breath fresh air”.


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jodistrict Now that is a good story, so you don't belief in the power of Mapacho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olaf said:

@Jodistrict Now that is a good story, so you don't belief in the power of Mapacho?

It was just a vision.  I am not sure what it meant.   A trickster spirit?  


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0