Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mellowmarsh

Changing our Minds about Nonduality

124 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Well there you go, you’ve successfully answered your own question. That wasn’t too difficult was it.
 

It is a hypothetical situation not literal.

But you still haven't answered my question lol.

If we are critiquing people who are "trying to live nonduality".

What are these people practically actually doing to try and live nonduality.

They not stepping in front of buses are they.

I haven't met anyone who is trying to live nonduality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

But you still haven't answered my question lol.

If we are critiquing people who are "trying to live nonduality".

What are these people practically actually doing to try and live nonduality.

They not stepping in front of buses are they.

I haven't met anyone who is trying to live nonduality.

No one is criticising, you’re misunderstanding, the simple statement no one can live nonduality is just an obvious self evident fact, that’s all, no need to make this into anymore than it deserves. I’m not interested in petty quibbling over stupid ideas.

Edited by Mellowmarsh

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

No one is criticising, you’re misunderstanding, the simple statement no one can live nonduality is just an obvious self evident fact, that’s all, no need to make this into anymore than it deserves. I’m not interested in petty quibbling over stupid ideas.

I'm not quibbling at all, trying to understand. You said "What I think is stupid, and Tim Freke has also pointed out is when we try to actually live nonduality".  I'm just trying to imagine what someone who is trying to live nonduality, might actually be thinking or doing. (Easy for vibes to get lost in translation here on the internet.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilhelm44 said:

I'm not quibbling at all, trying to understand. You said "What I think is stupid, and Tim Freke has also pointed out is when we try to actually live nonduality".  I'm just trying to imagine what someone who is trying to live nonduality, might actually be thinking or doing. (Easy for vibes to get lost in translation here on the internet.)

Don’t overthink this. Words are crap, they’re full of noise and fury signifying nothing.

Its just another boring story for no one.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Don’t overthink this. Words are crap, they’re full of noise and fury signifying nothing.

Its just another boring story for no one.

Come on you posted a video about changing our minds about nonduality. 

I thought it was meant to be discussed.

I'm simply commenting on the phrase "trying to live nonduality"

If we're saying it's a silly idea to try and live nonduality.

This seems to imply that there are people who think it's possible to live nonduality.

So I was simply wondering about the mindset of the people to whom Tim's commented was referring to.

Not a big deal really.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

But you still haven't answered my question lol.

If we are critiquing people who are "trying to live nonduality".

You answered your own question. 
 

Again no one is criticising people here. The stupidity is a self trying to live without a self, it wasn’t supposed to be understood as a someone trying to live without themself or others. Even I understand that,and I’m just a girl.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Come on you posted a video about changing our minds about nonduality. 

I thought it was meant to be discussed.

I'm simply commenting on the phrase "trying to live nonduality"

If we're saying it's a silly idea to try and live nonduality.

This seems to imply that there are people who think it's possible to live nonduality.

So I was simply wondering about the mindset of the people to whom Tim's commented was referring to.

Not a big deal really.

 

 

See above.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Come on you posted a video about changing our minds about nonduality. 

Figure it out for yourself, I’m just a messenger with a message, I can’t make up your mind or change it for you, that’s for you to work on. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

self trying to live without a self

Okay, so this is all I'm genuinely curious about.

What is an actual practical example of a self trying to live without a self ?

ie, what type of actions or behaviour might such a person demonstrate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Figure it out for yourself, I’m just a messenger with a message, I can’t make up your mind or change it for you, that’s for you to work on. 

That's not what I meant. I simply enjoy discussing things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Okay, so this is all I'm genuinely curious about.

What is an actual practical example of a self trying to live without a self ?

ie, what type of actions or behaviour might such a person demonstrate ?

It’s a hypothetical idea, nothing to get hung up on. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilhelm44 said:

That's not what I meant. I simply enjoy discussing things.

You can discuss things until the cows come home but at the end of the day only you can make your mind up about what is being discussed as to what there is there that makes sense or not, to you personally. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

It’s a hypothetical idea, nothing to get hung up on. 

Aha, so no one actually believes they can live nonduality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

You can discuss things until the cows come home but at the end of the day only you can make your mind up about what is being discussed as to what there is there that makes sense or not, to you personally. 

Thank you, I didn't know that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Thank you, I didn't know that lol

Yes you did silly. 😛😉❤️


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Yes you did silly. 😛😉❤️

9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.9.2026 at 8:07 AM, Mellowmarsh said:

Your blessed bliss will not protect you from the horror that is burning to death when the sun eventually swallows the earth.

When life lights your ass on fire, make barbecue.

- Old Chinese proverb -

 


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

When life lights your ass on fire, make barbecue.

- Old Chinese proverb -

 

The bliss word is very underwhelming. 
 

 I reject nothing. Oldie but Goddie. 😎


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

The bliss word is very underwhelming.

I find it pretty whelming... it's just as whelming as any other word imo. ;)


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

I find it pretty whelming... it's just as whelming as any other word imo. ;)

Preferences are your prerogative. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0