Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mellowmarsh

Changing our Minds about Nonduality

132 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

The question is who can be actually awake?

Yeah, I guess there's infinite 'levels'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Can you say a bit more about this ?

Here are two examples.  There is no separate self -- very Feminine.  I am God -- very Masculine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Yeah, I guess there's infinite 'levels'.

 The answer is not a guess.  It is known.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here are two examples.  There is no separate self -- very Feminine.  I am God -- very Masculine.  

Aha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

 The answer is not a guess.  It is known.  

Yes sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Sorry for responding in good faith.  

All good bother, banter gets lost in translation here sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here are two examples.  There is no separate self -- very Feminine.  I am God -- very Masculine.  

We could also say that the no self thing is just a doorway, a necessary one I feel. Die before you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilhelm44 said:

All good bother, banter gets lost in translation here sometimes.

I think so too.  I saw your video.  I am trying my best to help people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think so too.  I saw your video.  I am trying my best to help people.  

I watched a bit of your jazz lesson video. You look very comfortable on camera. Still need to watch your spiritual videos. How long have you had your channel ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

He would claim that any experience of opening up to the Absolute is merely another dream of consciousness; that any mysticism is simply consciousness dreaming of mysticism.

That is not an error it’s an accurate pointing. Opening up to the absolute is absolutely just another dream within the illusory dream of separation.

Your claim that this is an error is a huge misguided misinterpretation of what’s being pointed to here, because you cannot know the absolute because you are the absolute, so there’s actually nobody who is opening up to what they already are, except in this conception, within the artificial dream of separation.

 

You’re welcome.

Edited by Mellowmarsh

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

That is not an error it’s an accurate pointing. Opening up to the absolute is absolutely just another dream within the illusory dream of separation.

Your claim that this is an error is a huge misguided misinterpretation of what’s being pointed to here, because you cannot know the absolute because you are the absolute, so there’s actually nobody who is opening to what they already are, except in this conception, within artificial dream of separation.

 

You’re welcome.

What you are missing is that you can know yourself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What you are missing is that you can know yourself.  

What you are missing is that knowing is a knowing that cannot be known. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I am trying my best to help people.  

Best way to help people is to start your own threads authored by yourself. Have you ever tried this?

Otherwise, your not helping, your hindering.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Willy Phallicus said:

They're not wrong.  Like most spiritual paths or disciplines they have a hard time reconciling absolute truth and relative truths and in many cases don't want or care too.  Its always an either/or deal.  Win with the technical while ignoring the fundamental.

Despite the common ground I can't stand talking to them although thats probably a two way street.

I don’t agree. Nondual teachers who put themselves out there on the world web predominantly know what they are talking about, reconciling absolute and relative truth comes naturally to them.

What I think is stupid, and Tim Freke has also pointed out is when we try to actually live nonduality, we find it doesn’t work like that. We can all understand it by listening to the message, but that’s where the buck stops, as separation is our only experience as and through the experience of dreamscape. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

What I think is stupid, and Tim Freke has also pointed out is when we try to actually live nonduality

What does that mean - trying to live nonduality ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilhelm44 said:

What does that mean - trying to live nonduality ?

I’ve already mentioned this to you, and if you’d watched the video, Tim already explains it, and there’s your answer.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

I’ve already mentioned this to you, and if you’d watched the video, Tim already explains it, and there’s your answer.

Yes, I know, the no self/emptiness thing.

I just don't see how people could actually "try to live nonduality".

I mean Jim would say that he literally senses the emptiness of everything.

That doesn't mean he's going to step in front of a bus and expect it to pass through him.

So the so called people who are "trying to live nonduality", I haven't met any of them, so I'm not exactly sure what it is that they are actually doing to try and live nonduality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Yes, I know, the no self/emptiness thing.

I just don't see how people could actually "try to live nonduality".

I mean Jim would say that he literally senses the emptiness of everything.

That doesn't mean he's going to step in front of a bus and expect it to pass through him.

So the so called people who are "trying to live nonduality", I haven't met any of them, so I'm not exactly sure what it is that they are actually doing to try and live nonduality.

Well there you go, you’ve successfully answered your own question. That wasn’t too difficult was it.
 

It is a hypothetical situation not literal.

Edited by Mellowmarsh

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

What you are missing is that knowing is a knowing that cannot be known. 

You might be projecting this onto me, and I expect it.  I've dealt with this objection for years now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0