PetarKa

6 Out Of 5 Strengths - Too Many?

5 posts in this topic

These are my top SIX strengths:

1. Judgement, Critical Thinking, Open-Mindedness: Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
  2. Curiosity, Interest in The World: You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.
  3. Self-Control, Self-Regulation: You self-consciously regulate what you feel and what you do. You are a disciplined person. You are the master of your appetites and your emotions, not vice versa.
  4. Caution, Prudence, Discretion: You are a careful person and your choices are consistently prudent ones. You do not say things that you might later regret.
  5. Forgiveness, Mercy: You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.
  6. Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence: You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

I feel like they're all really authentic, but are they one-too-many? What's better - to go with all of them or to just cut the bull and narrow it down to my top 5? The last 3 (#4, #5, #6) are in no particular order.

@PetarKa have you noticed the beauty of people around you? even the closest ones?

have you attained enough concentration to walk gracefully and smile lightly?

strengthen ALL virtues you can. don't worry about enumerating too many. the true value of a man is in his fluency with human virtues.

unborn Truth

Bump

The value Forgiveness, Mercy (#5) to me feels like a weakness. I've struggled with being a "nice" guy in the past and many people abused that in me. I've overcome a lot of that "nice"-guy stuff though. Is this a strength or a weakness?

Edited by PetarKa

Forgiveness, Mercy is my strength too.

It is a strength when you allow it to. #MeaninglessAnswers

Forgiveness is not holding a grudge. It's seeing innocence in other people. It's not allowing others to walk over you. It's great that you recognized it, now you can start reshaping naivety or weakness ("budgining" too easily) into power.

I bet you recognize easily that when people are boing dicks... they are just acting out their programming. You see they are innocent. You forgive & don't hold a grudge that would only weaken you.

Long story short: cherish your ability to forgive & be merciful. Work on your personal power. And you will be the ultimate guardian that people love to be around as they feel safe, loved & protected.

Celebrate your gifts!

On 12/06/2017 at 5:59 PM, PetarKa said:

Bump

The value Forgiveness, Mercy (#5) to me feels like a weakness. I've struggled with being a "nice" guy in the past and many people abused that in me. I've overcome a lot of that "nice"-guy stuff though. Is this a strength or a weakness?

Being an overly nice guy is not true forgiveness and mercy. Think of a warrior who forgives someone, he forgives in a position of power and confidence. But, to make things equilibrated for you, try to be more like a "gangster". A good book about this is The 50th Law from Robert Greene.