Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harikrishnan

Best Book On Yoga

4 posts in this topic

Which is the best book you have read about Yoga. (Asanas+benefits+spiritual side)

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan

The definitive work by B.K.S. Iyengar, the world s most respected yoga teacher.

B.K.S. Iyengar has devoted his life to the practice and study of yoga. It was B.K.S. Iyengar s unique teaching style, bringing precision and clarity to the practice, as well as a mindset of yoga for all , which has made it into the worldwide phenomenon it is today.

Light on Yoga is widely called the bible of yoga and has served as the source book for generations of yoga students around the world. It is the classic text for all serious students of yoga.

B.K.S. Iyengar s own photo-illustrated, step-by-step guides to every yoga routine.
Week-by-week development plan with a total of 300 weeks to allow gradual progression from novice to advanced technique.
B.K.S. Iyengar s unique and inspired guide to Pranayama yoga breathing techniques.
B.K.S. Iyengar s yoga philosophy for life and an introduction to the spiritual aspects of yoga.
Yoga sequences and asanas to help heal a range of specific illnesses and conditions.

http://yogabog.com/sites/default/files/files/Iyengar_B_K_S__The_Illustrated_Light_On_Yoga.pdf

1 hour ago, Harikrishnan said:

Which is the best book you have read about Yoga. (spiritual side)

If you want to know mystery of yoga and Patanjali's yog sutras.

Read ......Yoga : The Alpha and the Omega ~ by Osho

Download 10 volumes form internet in pdf format.

@Prabhaker thank you. I alwayz thought yoga is to prepare your body for meditation but Today while doing yoga i realized its not like that and Yoga itself is Meditation. Whole slow movments makes you aware of your body and nothingness,today i felt like i was meditating doing every posture.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi