ValiantSalvatore

How To Rate Oneself On The Integral Map ?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was thinking about how to rate oneself on the integral map. I watched one of Leo's videos, where he mentioned it shortly I believe and that one is not completely on one level. For instance, people are on different levels:"30% green, 40 % rational , 20 % ethnocentric,  10% red/etc".  I also listened to the audio book "Kosmic Consciousness " where Ken Wilber and the founder from "Sounds True" talk about pretty much everything. When I remember correctly Wilber said that you can only see the previous stage when you arrive at the higher one, going to say it like this. So, therefore I wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with the integral map or actually is at an integral level of moral development or cognitive for example.

Not, sure if this is the right place. And could tell some signs or observations they make. For example, I can tell when people are on an ethnocentric level and I can see people on the pluralistic level and even have some friends, but sometimes I am not sure if I can see people who are at an orange level I can see people who are really driven and want to make money or get that beautiful wife, basically be ultra successful and yeah playing the game to win. I don't think I am integral sometimes I do but ehh I'd rather be observant to really see where I am at.

Here is a pretty good description, for anyone interested or new to this: https://integralwithoutborders.net/sites/default/files/resources/Overview of Developmental Levels.pdf and also the map: (First links description is waaay better)AQAL_map_screen.jpg

This is very interesting, I would like to check it out. I'll update you when I have more insight. Thank you :D

You rate yourself via examining where you are stuck on, You may reach a certain state but may neglect a certain intelligence or state of mind which bottle necks you at the current stage you are in, Work on what you seem lacking and you'll move up the spiral. Of course this is a paradigm there are ways to just bypass it all and go work your way from the end third tier integral map, the thing with this is you may backslide due to less understanding and not experiencing each stage hence taking decisions more often from lower levels which isn't wrong but one(ego) would like to bypass a level for good at times, it's all up to you on what do you actually want.

Example when it comes to religion you have spiritually immature people post-spirituality vs trans-spirituality ( a more mature enlightened phase) Same with rationality of post vs transcendental seeing beyond their current mind limits and being aware of their illusions.

Everything below is from ken wilber's superhuman os program

w9oGN.jpg

w9oKH.jpg

Here's some more details

Lines of intelligence

w9odZ.jpg

States of consciousness

w9ofN.jpg

Types of drives

w9oj3.jpg

The 4 quadriants

w9oml.jpg

w9on4.jpg

Edited by khalifa

Look at how you act when you are threatened. On a daily basis i would say i am on orange/green stage. And then when i am most calm and relaxed, maybe when meditating i am might be thinking at the yellow stage.

But when i am threatened, i suddenly start thinking in the blue stage, or even the red stage, if i feel really threatened. So you can kinda jump around a bit but the thing you should really focus on, i think, is to increasing your stage of consciousness when threatened, i think that's what counts in the long run.

Edited by LowPlanetary

@khalifa Thanks, this is great. I remember that Ken Wilber talked in the audiobook I mentioned, about how long it takes fo an individual to reach the next stage. Normally he says they somehow stop reaching the next stage/s at the age of 26/ 27 and he can't find out why and that annoys him. Yet, he said when you let people meditate for about an hour every day,  every 5 years they will reach a new stage. Also, this has a cap but people can go deeper in that level. ( Don't remember context, for instance, cognitive , moral yet I believe it was moral etc. )  Also, some people may do not have the capacity to reach higher stages yet, at each stage you can experience enlightenment for example. The experience differs, yet they are still enlightened. For example, in Japan, they trained Samurais in Zen monasteries and they were supposed to kill the enemy. Which would be a classic us vs them mentality, meaning the were at an ethnocentric level of moral development. And you can imagine if they trained there, they were pretty close to enlightenment or enlightened.

@LowPlanetary I can relate to that. When I do sports I sometimes get into the mode of no regard for human life and just feel and seem very cold blooded when people get worked up about little things. Ofc, not all of the time but sometimes I would not care if someones breaks his leg or smth. in that moment of anger, yet sometimes it also feels like silent/quiet confidence you just do and don't care about the results. So, in that case, it would be difficult to judge for me which level that is, but for the anger one, I think it is clearly red.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

2 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@LowPlanetary I can relate to that. When I do sports I sometimes get into the mode of no regard for human life and just feel and seem very cold blooded when people get worked up about little things. Ofc, not all of the time but sometimes I would not care if someones breaks his leg or smth. in that moment of anger, yet sometimes it also feels like silent/quiet confidence you just do and don't care about the results. So, in that case, it would be difficult to judge for me which level that is, but for the anger one, I think it is clearly red.

Yeah that's a good point. In most competitive environments people become less conscious, which is probably why good sportsmanship is so praiseworthy.