Henrik_Sahlen

Advice For First Meditation Retreat

4 posts in this topic

Hi, 

tomorrow I will attend my first meditation retreat so far and I am very excited about it. It is a 5 - day retreat with around 6 hours of formal practice each day. I would be interested to hear about some of your experiences during retreats and maybe some beginners advice on what to do or not do in order to get the most out of a meditation retreat.

Wish everyone a happy day :)

- Henrik

Make sure you grind through all frustrations that could come up during your meditation

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

How was your retreat going?

what are your lessons?

@elias It was really good. The first 2 days were a bit difficult, but then I settled in and it went smoothly. I learned more about meditation and enlightenment than in multiple months of meditating for 20 min per day. Also, my interest in truth has increased drastically. I now meditate for an hour daily and start some self - inquiry. It was really really really worth it!