Dan Arnautu

Tips On How To Do Schoolwork Everyday In The Summer?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I've acummulated 5 failed college courses over the last 2 years (for multiple reasons) and I would like to pass them all until September. I have 2 months to work with. In order to finish all the work needed in that timespan, I would need to work about 1.5 hours everyday consistently.

I have no problem doing the work, but I know I can't trust myself sometimes when I'm on my own schedule. Tips on how to keep consistency? Or maybe ways to keep myself accountable?

Aside from all of this, I also need to get my driver's license (I almost finished the hours needed) and continue to work with my guitar teacher. Plus, I want to open my own guitar teaching business. Any thoughts on balancing all of these out? I know that tremendous willpower will be needed.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Here's what I use for stuff like this. Write down all of your planned days with a pencil and when you accomplish what you wanted for the day, reaffirm those lines with a pen.

20170529_210545.jpg

@PetarKa Thank you for your answer! That is a good idea! Will do!

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

5 courses in one summer sounds INSANELY difficult. I know some people that only take 2 courses during the summer, and because the whole semester in condensed into only 3 months, they are very busy because there's lots of work per day. Maybe your college does it differently.

Planning out your day(s) in google calendar or any other calendar really helps. When I keep my schedule extremely structured, adding in hours for schoolwork, social events, hobbies, free-time, eating, sleeping, and whatever else, I get so much done. Just sticking to a schedule takes willpower out of the equation.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Wyatt

@Wyatt Thanks for your answer. I just need to take the exams. I don't need to go through the courses again. I've tried planning in google calendar and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There is no sense of urgency because I don't feel a close enough deadline or accountability for anyone.