Dan Arnautu

Your Thoughts On Starting A Vlog? (music Career/guitar/guitar Teaching Business)

7 posts in this topic

Hi! I was thinking about documenting my journey of becoming a pro guitarist, musician and guitar teacher. The reasons are twofold. FIrstly, I was thinking that might show others my age that it is possible to start from scratch and build a successful music career no matter your circumstances and secondly, I would like to look back at these videos 10-20-30 years from now, so why not share them with the public?

Things I would like to share:

• Tips on getting your mindset right and removing limiting beliefs regarding the music industry
  • The process of building a succesful guitar teaching business
  • The process of building a succesful music career
  • Health tips, as most musicians are in very bad health condition (I have a lot of knowledge in this field as in the past I wanted to become a certified personal trainer)
  • Others topics that don't come to mind right now.

My sole intention is to give value and create something that I can look back to. I don't want to become a youtube celebrity or make money out of it, although equipment endorsments could come out of this. I'm not in it for that. I really want to help people. 

This could also be a way to keep me accountable to my purpose and prevent me from slacking off. What do you think?

Also feel free to share your story if you want to start your own vlog. :D

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Do it. Starting a vlog almost always seems like a good ide, especially if you got something interesting to share and you seem like you do. 
Looks like you already know it and just looking for validation. Just do it.

Out of curiosity, what's your age and how long ago you started playing ?

Edited by wavydude

@wavydude Thank you! I am soon to be 20 years old in August. Yea, I'm looking to validate the idea and see if people like it before starting.

I've been playing for 8 years now. I've been in bands and I finished formal education in music theory. Also, I am 2 years in my philosophy degree (humble brag, haha). All of these I think would blend really well and bring in a fresh, new perspective. I am glad you like it!

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dantas Thanks for the input! Happy to see encouraging people around here! :)

@Dan Arnautu  Do It man!!
I myself have been playing guitar pretty seriously for 7 years. Been in tons of pitfalls multiple times over this journey. I wish I had a big picture understanding from beginning. Some points I am noting here that you can consider bringing into your teaching if you find it appropriate.

1) The psychology of playing music (and musical instrument). Most teachers deal with theory, technique just all the outer aspects.
2) Importance of big picture vision and strategy in music
3) Balance, Physical health and healthy posture ( Man...So many people suffer just on this one)
4) Making music not just a career or hobby but making it an integral part of living itself. Letting the whole life blossom in phenomenal artistry and mastery.
5) Importance of solitude, meditation. Sources of fresh and unique creativity
6) The fine line between mastery vs perfectionism. The fine line between creative input vs getting lost in mindless entertainment.
7) Open mindedness. the importance of perceiving new cultures, music, nature etc.
8) Friendships and a spirit of collaboration. How to deal with people

All the best for your journey ahead :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom As soon as college exams are over, I'm gonna start. (actually, I kind of started already, looking for intro templates, topics, models, building a website, figuring out how to record properly etc.)

Those topics are really good to cover! Noted! B|

I promise I will come back with a link to the first video which will be a manifesto! Gotta keep accountable, right?

Edited by Dan Arnautu