Ross

Witty Conversation

3 posts in this topic

Hey people,

I recently decided to a trip with the football team abroad to Europe, hoping to have a good time. The problem is that I seem to be the most socially inept one because everyone else seems so witty and sharp in their group conversations and I just feel bland and awkward whenever I say something. The question how can I become super witty in conversations and become super funny and friendly with everyone? Any tips?

@Ross I think this question all comes down to confidence, because the more confident you are around people the more you find you can freely express yourself. 

There is also that fear we have inside of us sometimes on what if I say something stupid and what will other people think of me if I speak up. 

Leo has some great videos, Here a few that may help you and you can also find a lot of content on you tube about staring conversations with people, confidence etc:

Hope these help & have fun in Europe =)

-Mia

Being bad at something is the first step of getting kinda good at something.

Being the smartest or the best looking guy in the room doesn't mean shit, unless You project that vision onto yourself. Don't play that game.

You know why You're insecure? I would guess that You're taking yourself too seriously.
Do You have to be a perfect James Bond character to everyone or everything will go nuts if You don't?
Does everything You say has to be meticulously analyzed to make sure it doesn't sound absurd?
If so, then living like that is a constant torture.

Look at me, dude, in my profile pic I look like I'm using both hands to jerk off, but we know it's an overkill for a man of my European size :P

Have a little distance to human beings, including yourself especially, and keep in mind that we are not so smart and sophisticated as we think we are.

If You're into books, consider reading "6 Pillars of Self-Esteem" by Nathaniel Branden and DO THE EXERCISES.
AFAIK It's the best book relating to self-portrayal issues.

BTW. Just imagine this kind of scenario:

Friend: What's Your favorite Real Madrid player?

Ross: Eee.. I like Messi.

Friend: Ross, Messi plays for Barcelona, You fucking fuck.
FROM THIS MOMENT YOU ARE CONSIDERED NOT WORTHY TO DRINK BEER WITH US AND TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL AS THESE ARE THE ONLY ACTIVITIES BY WHICH WE MEASURE YOUR VALUE AS A HUMAN BEING, YOU STUPID FUCK.

This could totally kinda happen. I guess. Kinda ^^

Nevermind ;P

Edited by Thomas