Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ida

Going To A Festival Alone - Looking For Advice

9 posts in this topic

I was looking for some inspirational words.

If you were not to get socially afraid surrounded by people who are with their friends. Where you yourself are arriving alone. How would you put your mindset, so you could get most out of the festival? I'm thinking about improving personal growth. Maybe I should make some sort of plan for the week (If I decide to go).

It's a private festival about creativity. A little hippieish; I'm sure people are wonderful. 

Any advice? 

I recently went to a festival alone. I just had the mindset to be interested in the people there. ( it was a art festival.) i asked a lot of questions, and people are always willing to talk about themselves. I think that's the best way to get the most of the festival,have interest in everyone there. 

And it was a great time

Try not to think to much and put too much pressure on yourself to make friends, just let it flow but contrary to that don't isolate yourself from others and live in your own world. Easiest way to do that is to forget all your problems you are going through, get involved and immerse yourself into the festival completely. Also what scarecrow said was extremely important, people love talking  about themselves and once you listen to them and give them a chance to tell their stories, you don't have to say much they will love you. 

Leo has made a video about positive affirmations which are very powerfull tool that you can use to set your mindset right. I am still very lazy myself and I'm far from doing them correctly everyday but I can already tell that they can make a huge change in your head, you should definetly look this video up.

I'd say just enjoy the content there, and you will find people that will enjoy the ride with you.

One of the best way to make friends is to just experience something together, without the underlying feeling of social pressure. 

Make the goal one which you will be happy no matter what happens there. You are there to enjoy the content, and if you find likeminded people, that is simply a bonus. No pressure. 

Endless nuance

On 15-2-2016 at 10:28 PM, Ida said:

I was looking for some inspirational words.

If you were not to get socially afraid surrounded by people who are with their friends. Where you yourself are arriving alone. How would you put your mindset, so you could get most out of the festival? I'm thinking about improving personal growth. Maybe I should make some sort of plan for the week (If I decide to go).

It's a private festival about creativity. A little hippieish; I'm sure people are wonderful. 

Any advice? 

Going alone can be really fun. To speak to people who have the same interest in things as you do is a cool experience. Not really any adice I could give other than enjoy yourself.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

I've gone to several festivals. Always with friends but I'm the kind of guy who goes alone, my friends follow or not. I would tell you that going alone is probably an even better decision than going with friends. You don't need any plan and I suggest you to be the less prepared as you can. That way, you can let things come. Being alone is surely the best way to start discussions rather than talk to your friends. The real issue right here is to look at your mind thinking about the future when in fact, there's nothing to be afraid :P .

Don't worry about it, you'll make friends really quickly. I've done it before and had an amazing time.

I have been to a couple of festivals (electronic music) alone and loved the experience.

As I was there for the music, I didn't care that I was on my own, however I found going solo heightened the pleasure of my experience (that goes for everything I have done solo, from travelling to eating out, to going to clubs or comedy shows).

Being able to see the sets I wanted when I wanted without having to worry about anyone else: priceless.

The people watching entertainment (to a point, til everyone got so drunk it wasn't funny anymore): priceless. 

The feeling of empowerment/personal freedom being able to do something many would fear doing (and having great fun): priceless.

Another thing I have discovered is that being alone enables you to focus/observe more than when you are with others, less distraction, and you get to enjoy the scene on a whole different level. I would highly recommend the experience.

Admittedly I never attend these events to make friends, it's purely for personal enjoyment so I never care whether I meet people there.

One more thing, if i'm ever nervous about one of my solo experiences, I tell myself what's the worst that can happen and that I can always withdraw from the experience (leave) if I don't feel comfortable, no harm done. 

Hope this helps :)