Afonso

Life Purpose Strengths Assessment

6 posts in this topic

I have done the exercises and have 5 Character Strengths. From those 5, only 1 feels like a Signature Strength. It's not clear if the final Strength List is of all 5 or just the signature ones. Because I feel like this 1 strength is really within me but the other 4 are not.

You might want to take the assessment again, and make sure you're answering the questions authentically. When you answer each question, think for a moment if the situation and your answer is being authentic and clicking with you. It's easy to sometimes give pat answers which come from social conditioning or bad old habits.

You can also approach the whole thing backwards. Look through all the possible strengths, select the top 5 which resonate most, and then double-check that by filling out the assessment in such a way as to arrive at those strengths. And see if those answers really resonate on some level so you're not tricking yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You might want to take the assessment again, and make sure you're answering the questions authentically. When you answer each question, think for a moment if the situation and your answer is being authentic and clicking with you. It's easy to sometimes give pat answers which come from social conditioning or bad old habits.

You can also approach the whole thing backwards. Look through all the possible strengths, select the top 5 which resonate most, and then double-check that by filling out the assessment in such a way as to arrive at those strengths. And see if those answers really resonate on some level so you're not tricking yourself.

@Leo Gura Ok, so I did that and got strengths that resonate more with me. Forgiveness and Mercy keep popping up on the tests. I'm skeptical to whether this is actually a strength or that I am good at stop caring about conflicts and accepting people after a while... (is that a strength?).

Edited by Afonso

@Afonso If you have doubts it's even a strength maybe it doesn't really resonate yet.

@Afonso Maybe it is a strength of yours, but you've just totally lost touch with it? Or you discount it as unimportant or "not a good strength". Or you can't easily imagine how to utilize this strength.

Or maybe it's not right for you.

Search inside for the answer. Contemplate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Afonso Maybe it is a strength of yours, but you've just totally lost touch with it? Or you discount it as unimportant or "not a good strength". Or you can't easily imagine how to utilize this strength.

Or maybe it's not right for you.

Search inside for the answer. Contemplate.

@Leo GuraHey, thanks! After contemplating on it, I found that forgiveness was a strength that I had developed over time because of many conflicts that I had when I was a turbulent child. That led to the need to forgive, for the sake of mental health. Although it was originally brought about through negative motivation, it has now become a part of my skills.

I did another test in the same website + 1 children test (because I'm 17) + 1 children test on another website.

I cross-checked those with my intuition and now I have a list that feels very authentic. It includes Forgiveness.

Amazing course! It really opened my eyes to my authentic self! I'm on the ~57th video.

Edited by Afonso