Nothing matters

The Psychology Behind Psychedelics

7 posts in this topic

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES FOR PURELY EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES? 

DO THEY RELY DEMONSTRATE PARTIALLY WHAT AN ENLIGHTENMENT EXPERIENCE MAY BE LIKE LIKE?

eye of trip.jpg

The thing is, for Leo to be able to truthfully explain anything about psychedelics, he would have to have tried it. 

So if he has not tried them, we're basically asking him to take an illegal substance which is a little iffy. 

I have tried probably every drug available except heroin because I don't like needles. I think that drugs has nothing to do with enlightenment. Enlightenment is all about getting rid of the ego, connect with your inner body and with the timeless spaceless Being. Nothingness, etc. 

All psychedelic drugs enforce your permanence in the world of Form, it's superficial, it's visual, it's artificial. 

Drugs are at the lower scale of the happiness spectrum, it's a shallow experience that if the source is good last for 12 hrs. My longest trip was with LSD for 12 hours. I have also been doing coke and alcohol for 3 days without sleeping. Coke is Ego food. Weed makes you think a LOT as well. Nothing could be more far away of enlightenment than thinking. 

That being said I don't regret have trying them, i had very very fun moments with them, and also helped me realize how a waste of time money and brain cells they can be. Also very easy to get addicted. And addiction is the exact opposite of Willpower and self control.

On the other hand, some ppl need to hit rock bottom in order to straighten their life. The Buddha was an addict and he was tempted by his own demons during his enlightenment journey.  So maybe there is some relationship between drugs and enlightenment. That could be an interesting video haha

cheers

Ya, I would definitely say there is a relationship between psychedelic drugs and enlightenment. 

From my experience,  psychedelics seem to promote the development and continual upkeep of specific mechanisms of thought that, with increasing clarity and organization over time, dismantle superficial aspects of culture and society (especially regarding media and institution), as well as superficial and subconscious belief systems of one’s own mind.

Mechanisms of thought that actually criticize mechanisms of thought and inhibit the formation of belief systems.

This aspect of psychedelic is use is something I call the P.I.T.S...

Psychedelic Induced Truth Syndrome

xD haha

I guess thats what it comes down to... Do psychedelics give us a glimpse of the truth? I believe they do. 

I think they are a tool, just like how in a way, albeit a completely misguided way, religions point to the truth of being, I would argue that psychedelics point to the truth of our being as well. They quite possibly provide the most potent form of experience we as humans have access to. 

What do you guys think?

@Conscious Encounters I think you have not a clue what enlightenment is about...!

Comparing psychedelics with enlightenment is like comparing monkeys with human beings.

Move on mate!

I am not at all stating that the two are identical. I am just arguing that there is a relationship between the two.

Do you not agree that an incredibly important aspect of the spiritual path is recognizing limiting beliefs that you may have, and then transcending them?