Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sevi

Happy Mother's Day

5 posts in this topic

I'm gonna write about motherhood from my knowledge of astrological symbolism.

In astrology, the cancer sign which is also my horoscope and its ruler planet moon symbolize the motherhood.

What is a mother? A mother is someone/some-being who gives birth to an offspring and who nourishes and grows it up.

So when a 'child' is born, the motherhood is  in the service for the baby 24/7 to keep it alive and growing.

Till this point nothing is symbolic.

When a person gives birth to and idea, or delivers anything to the world, we astrologers call that person a mother and the process as motherhood.

A company owner is an example for this: he/she establishes a company then especially the at the very beginning of the process, he puts the needs of the 'offspring' in front of everything: his sleep, his own nutrition, his desires and so on.

The motherhood principle is continuity principle. That means after your labor, to grow the offspring up, you need to be there with it to accomplish the growing process.

Let's think about a mother, feeds the kid whenever she feels like that, she lives her life on her own disconnected from her child, when the child needs a bath she is not there, when the child trys to speak and walk she is sometimes around, sometimes not... What we can expect from that child to be, probably won't be so promising in this case, will it?

Or teaching a cat not to jump on a table: you need be there with it, especially at the very beginning, every single time to teach what to do, what not to do. Otherwise, probably it won't really get what you from it.

What we can learn from these examples is whatever you bring into this life, it's practical to remind ourselves that we're mothers from that moment on. So to have healthy 'kids' : healthy 'results' we need to be there with them, with the project: whatever it is in a constant basis. Especially at the very beginning while you are vital to their survival.

Fertility is the quality of productiveness: which we would like to see in a 'female' so that life can keep reproducing itself. In our daily basis it represents itself as to be open to universe. How so? If you are fertile, universe can inseminate you with its vibrations and then you can deliver that as your own reproduction to this world. It's when an idea appears within you, you can get pregnant with it then you can give birth to it as a manifestation, action which ends up being an apparent form through you.

This is the quality of 'yin' the principle of just being, surrendering, the principle of letting life happen; which supports the yang, which beholds and nurtures the male energy and which we really forget to honor in our masculine modern world. But without embracing and remembering this quality we are always just half way through in our lifes.

I wish you all to be merry mothers...

Happy Mother's Day to all of us!

6 hours ago, Sevi said:

Let's think about a mother, feeds the kid whenever she feels like that, she lives her life on her own disconnected from her child, when the child needs a bath she is not there, when the child trys to speak and walk she is sometimes around, sometimes not... What we can expect from that child to be, probably won't be so promising in this case, will it?

Unfortunately that's how many mothers treat their children nowadays. "Modern" mothers give birth and shortly afterwards give their child into the hands of strangers in the form of day care centers at a very young age so she can be a "productive member of society" instead of TRULY being productive and raising their children on their own because if you are not there for the child you will miss the most important developmental milestones in their lives and teach them core values yourself instead of letting someone else do it and perhaps screw it up. What can we expect that child to be? Someone with abandonment issues. A mother has one main purpose: to mother, not to abandon!
And that can also be applied in the broader sense like you meant this post to be. Take care of your creations, whatever they may be. Stick to your decisions, no matter how difficult the path may be, don't abandon them.
Happy day! :)

Edited by Annie

On 5/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, Annie said:

Unfortunately that's how many mothers treat their children nowadays. "Modern" mothers give birth and shortly afterwards give their child into the hands of strangers in the form of day care centers at a very young age so she can be a "productive member of society" instead of TRULY being productive and raising their children on their own because if you are not there for the child you will miss the most important developmental milestones in their lives and teach them core values yourself instead of letting someone else do it and perhaps screw it up. What can we expect that child to be? Someone with abandonment issues. A mother has one main purpose: to mother, not to abandon!
And that can also be applied in the broader sense like you meant this post to be. Take care of your creations, whatever they may be. Stick to your decisions, no matter how difficult the path may be, don't abandon them.
Happy day! :)

Yes, that's the case in our modern society, you're right; but I think we cannot put all the blame on mothers, we are responsible as a society on how we built our common values together and how we support those priorities as a whole.

Could we say that the "external" world we live in, is symbolically attached to "mother" or "the matrice" ?

Does it have to do with parts of the body ?

I've heard that the coronal chakra (top of the head) is associated with "father" while the solar plexus chakra (stomach) is "mother" & "heart" chakra is where we are / where we transcend humanity.

Source : Christophe Allain (I haven't found the interview, it's from my memory).

@Sevi Of course society is to blame but many many many mothers out there COULD make a difference by changing priorities (I'm not saying it's easy but it's possible) but most chose not to because, well, not sure. Peer pressure perhaps. I can't understand why a mother would act against her instinct which is obviously to take care of and raise her offspring herself. Maybe many are so damaged themselves by now the instinct is lost or something, I don't know. Anyway, in the end the children have to pay for everything and that's causing an even more fu**ed up society to come because abandonment is abandonment no matter how you try to twist and turn it and the outcome can not be positive. Society has to change as a whole otherwise this downward spiral will go on forever.