Michael569

Starting Conversations With Strangers

2 posts in this topic

Ok, so this one has been bugging me a lot for most of my life. How does one effectively approach random people and initiate the conversation? I know for some people this is completely flawless, I had friend who would just talk to about anybody and these people enjoyed it and liked him for being so open, but when I tried it I felt like a retard, having nothing to say, with creepy shy voice, seriously felt like child molester approaching 5 year old girl on a playground. For me this has been a part of my life holding me back a lot. 

Once in a  conversation, I consider myself quite social and good discussion partner but the issue is with approaching people, like seeing a group of people having lunch that I'd love to join but feel to awkward doing anything. Not talking about girls ( as from attraction point of view), got that figured already but generally random people to spark conversation. People at work by water tank or coffee maker, at cantin, whatever..

Any tips from you extrovert people? What are your approach tips? How did you face your anxieties? 

Thanks a lot in advance for any tips !!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I use to be that way! What really helped me was kind of similar to what @Sambodhi and Leo was saying about the sale person. I actually became the salesmen! I stepped out of me comfort zone and made it my job to interact with people. It was very scary at first but I got use to it and now, I am totally confident in my ability to generate conversations with others.

www.hersandhislove.com