The White Belt

Contemplation

4 posts in this topic

I just watched Leo's video on contemplation.

It's a really interesting concept indeed.

A thought just popped into my head.

Maybe books like the Qur'an and the Bible, are supposed to be, line by line, very deeply contemplated.

I mean, the average person just reads them right? But this is god conceptualized into word form.

Surely one should contemplate so deep, these words, that the conceptualized form dissolves back into the absolute.

Maybe that's the problem, and the reason these books have caused much trouble for the world. Due to their misuse. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

In Christianity there is actually a kind of contemplative reading in the bible its called lectio divina...

I dont know anyone claming enlightened by reading and contemplating this books. It may have for very old old generation but for us i dont think so. And there are many other good books better than this. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@lennart didn't know about that. Thanks! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki