SaynotoKlaus

Awareness Increasing Hobbies

4 posts in this topic

Some of my old hobbies that i do to relax sometimes, are pretty bad for my awareness. They seem to have the opposite effect that meditation has: the more i do them, the more unaware i become. These things would be for me video games, music and watching (too many) videos/movies. I want to replace them with some activities that would rather increase my consciousness. The only one i know is drawing what you see, this is really good, sometimes it feels like meditation. But this type of drawing requires considerable mental effort, so i can't always do it.

I was wondering if you guys know any other hobbies that increase your awareness, or at least they don't ruin it.

Edited by SaynotoKlaus

I like to take walks, while attention is feeling sensation on my feet, listen to a specific sound or focus on a visual object ect.. And dont loose peripheral awareness while doing that

@SaynotoKlaus

• playing journey on a PS3
  • zazen and hatha yoga (yes, they are hobbies to me)
  • contemplating stillness
  • contemplating sea waves
  • walking and breathing
  • organizing the place where i live
  • tantric sex
  • watching series like The OA and Westworld
  • poetry and music
  • attaining a compassionate perspective about people
Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Lately I've been really enjoying being in the park. Doing whatever I am pulled towards - sitting or lying on the grass, watching the birds and ants, sitting by the pond...And generally savoring every moment. No hurry, no purpose. Letting go of everything, forgetting the concept of time..