electroBeam

How To Make Hot, Badass Pics For Tinder/ Other Dating Sites

29 posts in this topic

@Kelley White Very eye opening point Kelly. I'm intrigued by it, I kinda get what people are trying to say now.

My tribe may actually be out there, after what you said about your clients ;)

Funny you mentioned spread sheets,

I actually stayed up till 3 o clock last night(been wasting my time on it for the last 4 days) making a masterpiece of a spreadsheet for my personal development. you type in goals, how much you achieved, tolerance for failure of certain characteristics of a procedure(did you meditate for at least 20 minutes, did you stay still, etc), procedure of what to do etc, and what it does is it makes a gantt chart, which a website mixed with VBA macros sends it to a webpage, where my phone can go on the page and see what I have assigned myself for today. It also automatically gives each goal(and procedure) a grade/how satisfied I should be with the progress and completion of the goal based on inputs I put into it(some real heavy formulas were used in that area), and if its too low I can check out where I failed/expectations were too high, etc.

I'm proud of it, but a bit like what your article was hinting, I've just realized its a little inflexible

But I do have very mad spreadsheets for cooking too lol, hit me up if you want one ;)

I may be missing the point a little, so maybe I'm not being holistic enough, and me doing everything perfectly is impossible, and even if I do, I may be focusing on attracting the girl, instead of making me happy? Even if I didn't interpret it right I've got an idea. Thankyou for your time and effort in helping me, I appreciate it.

Basically: pictures of you doing cool, fun SOCIAL stuff. Relaxed and easy-going.

No nerd activities. No solo pictures. No mirror selfies. << All this tells the girl you're a loner loser nerd who can't get a date in the real world so he's desperately trying online.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@electroBeam

I do go out and do stuff, but I go out and do nerdy stuff, like flying radio controlled aeroplanes, live action role place, etc.

for what it's worth mentioning...i'm a girl and i think that's cool.

@electroBeam

Just take photos the next few times you are out doing shit and then you can go back to not taking photos.  Your Tinder profile no matter how good or how bad can never even remotely convey who you are.  Its really just clickbait material where you want to get girls intrigued enough to message you back and then the actual process of getting to know each other can begin.  So this whole nonsense about but then you are starting a relationship on manipulation and lies is just silly.  Obviously don't blatantly lie in your profile like saying you're a millionaire or levitated above Niagra Falls, but do offer up the most compelling you possible so as to generate replies.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically: pictures of you doing cool, fun SOCIAL stuff. Relaxed and easy-going.

No nerd activities. No solo pictures. No mirror selfies. << All this tells the girl you're a loner loser nerd who can't get a date in the real world so he's desperately trying online.

Just to be clear here, so aesthetics isn't as important as pics of me having fun and doing interesting stuff? What about the guys who brush their hair, change the contrast of their photos to make them stand out, and wear suits? Or hat backwards? Or shirtless pics of themselves at the beach?. So none of that is important/ as important and I shouldn't worry too much about it?

Though the first tinder picture should be a solo picture, any sort of style I need to worry about?

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam your thinking about it too much.  just post a pic :) if you get not responses than consider changing pic.

You can get your photos touched up in photoshop by someone off fiverr for $5 such as here or spend a few hours watching youtube videos to learn to do it yourself.  This is definitely not necessary though.

7 hours ago, electroBeam said:

What about the guys who brush their hair, change the contrast of their photos to make them stand out, and wear suits? Or hat backwards? Or shirtless pics of themselves at the beach?

Do you normally brush your hair? If you do, by all means have your hair brushed in the pictures. Do you normally wear suits, your hat backwards? Then have pictures of you wearing those things. Do you often go around topless at the beach? ... You can guess what I'll say here, I'm sure.

If your pictures present yourself very different from how you actually are, then you'll probably not have much luck finding a stable long-term relationship. It could work if all you're after are one-night stands, though.

I mean, of course you'll want to have good pictures, but they shouldn't be "unnatural" pictures - no pictures of you doing things you normally don't do, and yes, the content is more important than the aesthetics. Pictures of you having fun, showing that you're a fun person to hang out with - that's important.

But if you're very concerned about the aesthetical/technical side of things, I suppose this article is as good as any for those concerns:

http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2014/06/leveling-up-how-to-look-good-in-photos/

15 hours ago, electroBeam said:

But I do have very mad spreadsheets for cooking too

Hey, that might be helpful if you have one for smoothies. ;)  I like your spreadsheet project for self actualization.  That sounds like a useful tool. I am happy you could get something positive out of what I was pointing out; it was meant that way.    I really wish you the best.   :)