Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sukhpaal

Overcoming Neglection As A Child

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, as I child I was never really loved and that lead me to become needy as I grew up. I still find it hard to even love myself because of the lack of love I received as a child. What are some ways to overcome this besides meditating? Thanks.

Self honesty to the core helped me to realize that nobody is perfect. Not even my carers when I was a child. We are all in the same boat.

After accepting this truth, I realized that I was truly okay.

Sure, bad things happen, but not to my inner self which is capable of being caring, gentle and loving unconditionally.

Only my ego's self-esteem (ego-energy) seeks validation 24/7. But my inner Being is okay and seeks nothing, not even validation, because it knows it is real. Where the ego is just a fabricated story, by the mind, so it can make sense of itself. My self is a delusion, but my Being is real and it is okay.

By the way. Loving self is a strange way of asking the ego to love itself like a narcissist would. The Being would not love the self because it knows it is not valid. So its not about receiving love to oneself, but simply being loving. It is the act of loving which fulfills a person, not the other way around.

@Sukhpaal  There's a great book I'd like to recommend to you called "Running on empty" by Jonice Webb.