Falling Back Into Ignorance

3 posts in this topic

How can I not fall back into delusion when participating in day-to-day activities? 

[insert quote here]

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

How can I not fall back into delusion when participating in day-to-day activities? 

You can't really fall back into delusion if the understanding was real - which is beyond a mental level.  It is like seeing through a magician's illusion...now that you know the secret, the illusion never tricks you again.  Whenever you are presented with the illusion again...you can appreciate and enjoy the illusion, but it does not fool you.

There is an old Zen saying...once the bottom of a bucket falls out, all the water goes with it.  I add that it should not have to be said that the bucket never holds water again.

So if you fall back into delusion...who is being fooled?  What is being identified with?  Delve more deeply into the illusion/delusion of "I"...understand it for what it is.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

This is great. Noticing when you have been unconscious is the first step. If you notice yourself being unconscious during, just accept that you are completely in delusion. Don't try to struggle your way out of it because that will only get yourself deeper into delusion.