Moximi

Accelerating After 40

6 posts in this topic

I just bought the Life Purpose Course and I am starting this journal to document what I am working through and the action I am taking towards my goals as follows:

1. Complete my bachelors degree in Psychology
  2. Work through the Life Purpose Course
  3. Work through 3 Business Courses
  4. Start the 2 online business ideas I have had for a long time - this is where the bulk of my fear and inaction resides.
  5. Create a reconnected relationship with my teens
  6. Lose 10 pounds
  7. Run a full marathon
  8. Change my nutrition resulting in curing my extreme acne
  9. Finalize my divorce
  10. Find a new romantic relationship
  11. Organize my home
  12. Work through a Style Makeover

Hi Moximi,

This is a great plan. I am excited to see your progress. Keep posting so I can be updated on your success. I am especially looking forward to seeing your business ideas come about, because as you say this is where your fear and inaction resides. :)

Here is my first update:

I recently listened to Leo's video that included the concept that taking massive action would be required to move the needle on my goals. So I made some changes in the way I was going about some things and I have made progress, but I do feel squeezed and anxious. The basis of the anxiety is that I've always felt that pursuing my goals in a focused way would shortchange my relationship with my children, so I constantly worry about that. I am also reading "Solve for Happy" by Mo Gawdat and he said a phrase that has been helpful: "It is not our worry that keeps us safe, it is our actions that keep us safe." So what I need to do is take actions that build my relationship with my children rather than worry that moving forward will take me away from that. The feeling of being squeezed comes from doing so much - massive action. I am pretty much booked 24/7 these days on the path of pursuing my goals.

So here is the breakdown of my goals and progress:

• Complete my bachelors degree in Psychology - I just completed 2 more college classes and have started 2 more right away
  • Work through the Life Purpose Course - I am listening to the Core concepts section of Leo's life purpose course and taking notes
  • Work through 3 Business Courses - I started the first module of one Business Course
  • Start the 2 online business ideas - No update

• Create a reconnected relationship with my teens - No update
  • Lose 10 pounds - Weight is at a standstill
  • Run a full marathon - I signed up to run a 10k and attended track training this week
  • Change my nutrition resulting in curing my extreme acne - Not started
  • Finalize my divorce - No update
  • Find a new romantic relationship - No update. Really not looking for one. I don't want to attract anyone at my current consciousness level.
  • Organize my home - No update
  • Work through a Style Makeover - does doing my laundry count? :-)
  • Move to a new home - No update
  • Savings goal - 1/3 of the way there
  • Credit score - dropped 30 points
  • IT Certification - Not started

“What keeps us alive and propels us forward are our actions, not our fears. Fear, if anything, paralyzes us. It blurs our judgment and blocks us from making the best possible decisions. Fear of failure doesn’t drive our best performance. All it does is add anxiety. What truly drives us to success is our hard work. And you don’t need to be afraid to work hard.” - Mo Gawdat, "Solve for Happy"