John

Visualisation

4 posts in this topic

I'm just on the last couple of vids of the Life Purpose Course.

I have started a new job, that might lend itself to my Life Purpose.

And Visualisation is the habit I am implementing into my Life at the moment.

However. My Life Purpose is new and and everything is still forming.

I had depression before I started all of this and I am still working through some of it and trying to find my feet in the job.

It's very hard to sit down and concentrate on some clear image of how I want to feel or be tomorrow or some time in the future.

Does this resonate with anyone?

Would  appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

John

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

For visualisation don't worry about seeing things. FOr example of you were to think of an apple right now you can in your mind picture the stalk the redness of the apple what it looks like without actually necessarily seeing a picture. It doesn't matter whether you see anything what matters is that you are as emotional as if the thing you're visualising was really happening to you.

So for visualisation focus on the feelings, go into it with this mindset. For half an hour you get to enjoy your life purpose you get to pretend it's all set up in the future, without having to worrry about anything, enjoy the feelings of freedom having a job you love feel the appreciation as though its happening now. 

Visualisation is never a  chore if it is you're doing it wrong. A good rule of thumb is that your visualisation should be so enjoyable that even if it didn't come true it would still be worth doing because it feels so good in the moment to visualise what you want, if you feel like this you're on the right track.

Edited by heisenburger

@heisenburger It's as though my Demons sense their demise and try scratch at all the moves I am making now. Very difficut.

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Hey John! I totally relate with what you are saying. I finished the Life Purpose course about 5 months ago, and I feel like I haven't even started understanding it. I also had some depression after it and the feeling of being really hard to keep going and staying on track.

Don't worry that's something normal. Have you tried to do some introspection of why is it so hard for you to have a clear vision? Sometimes might be because you have maybe some conflict between your true real goals and what others expect from you.

Also, I would recommend to give yourself some time, to think about it. What I found after a couple months of just letting it sink in brain was that my understanding got deeper and deeper and more of clear direction of where I wanted to head to.

Hope that works! My last advice would be to not really stress about it, but... don't forget that you are on the journey :)