Matt23

Ethics

3 posts in this topic

Hey.  I recently watched a video by Ken Wilber on ethics.  It was short, but it really showed me that I have a very limited knowledge of what ethics are, and about the benefits it can give for health, development, success, etc...  The thing that stuck with me the most about what Ken said was that ethics increase the chance for enlightenment to occur, but they won't do it.  He also said that they are great for making the "dream", or dual/ordinary, life positive and not a nightmare. 

I think that many people would benefit from this, and I see it as foundational to a happy, successful, and positive life.  I would be interested to learn more about different ethical traditions around the world, including scientific research about what ethics are and how they can be used to better one's life.  As well as negative outcomes that arise from non-ethical behaviors and intentions.  

I hope to see this video soon!

Thanks

Matt

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Hey Matt, great suggestion.  Leo actually did a video on ethics a few years ago.  It's worth a check.  I'm not sure if it is on par with Ken Wilbers idea of ethics though.

Oh.....haha.  Thanks.

Here's the video:  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins