Heaven

Nasal congestion

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I’m struggling with nasal congestion lately(Due to spring environmental allergies).

Do you think if I apply the video suggestions, it might help?

Any other suggestions will be welcomed🙏🏻

Posted (edited)

A few things that help me with mine (I have an environmental allergy to mould and fungal spores that get triggered by rain)  

• HEPA filter at home, make sure it has a good allergen filter function and ideally air quality rating scale. Philips have an assortment of good ones 
  • Quercitin Dihydrate - about 1 teaspoon per day in warm water helps a lot when the symptoms of hay fever are mild to moderate. Warm water preferably to cold as it helps with dilution. Also, get a powder, not a supplement, supplements are too weak and too expensive. - Only warning is that if you go over 2 tablespoons per day, it may colour your cum slightly yellow (yes, I know sounds messed up) , this is benign and goes away almost immediately when you stop dosing. I think it is because quercetin enters interstitial spaces in the cells and can penetrate into a variety of body fluids, I think personally this is also a reason why it works so well. I think it also colours urine slightly more yellow. NOTE: consult your doctor if you are taking any other medication before supplementing anything or if you are immunocompromised
  • you can always opt for standard medical antihistamines, those are fairly effective, best consult your practitioner first
  • nasal pot is sometimes useful but I find it irritates me more than it helps 
  • there is some evidence on probiotics (I think drinking kefir helps a tiny bit but can't tell for sure) note, don't take probiotics if you are immunocompromised or taking immunosuppressant treatment
  • there is also moderate evidence on bromelain and vitamin D but not sure about exact effective dosages, no personal experience
  • exercise makes a lot of difference due to its (temporarily) immunosuppressive effects
  • I think sauna is useful if you have such place near you, for example in the gym 
  • Nettle tea helps some people although nettle has never done anything for me
  • Wearing a respirator on the particularly bad days 
  • if everything else fails, stuff your nose with toiler paper and ride it out, it usually gets better the next day. 
  • don't forget to hydrate and moisturise, I find my face gets extremely dry on the bad allergy days
Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Stay away from dairy. Try drinking thyme tea or in tinctures and also as a facial steam bath. Oil of Oregano taken internally. 

One Love....