Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

Carpe Diem To Those Who Have Major Mental Breakdowns

5 posts in this topic

Upon watching one of the best films I have watched recently, Dead Poets Society, I have this to say to the unfortunate bunch who feel like the world is on their shoulders: Carpe Diem!!

This means that if you have an opportunity to do something, however instead you choose to contemplate, and seek advice, and prolong decision-making, you are not living anymore, neither are you contributing a verse to the poem. In one of the scenes, Robin Williams (God rest his beautiful soul), shows his English class portraits of students who have attended the same school many, many years before. All of them now - dust! 

Robin Williams says these people had the same thoughts, ideas, visions, passions, that are now your properties. They are long dead. Have their verses been accounted for in the great poem of life? "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for." 

Carpe Diem, he says, in other words, seize the day!!! 

If you are thinking too much about something. Here is all you need to hear: DO IT!!!! Just do it, my friend. Do this noble pursuit not because it will help you, but because you are a member of the human race, and the human race does things in face of fear, and it laughs, and it moves, and it dances, and it shares.

Do it.

9 minutes ago, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

Lol

Brilliant!

Right now I am having a breakdown looking at that.

Just too much in one thread. 

Why can't everyone be cute ????.... like me:P

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Socrates Well both.:)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly