Psychonaut

How to assess spiral dynamics level?

4 posts in this topic

How can I self-assess my current level of spiral dynamics? Are there official tests? 

Most tests only give me SD-YELLOW as a result, it seems like the tests don't support higher levels or I am just answering the questions using pure YELLOW. 

32 minutes ago, Psychonaut said:

How can I self-assess my current level of spiral dynamics? Are there official tests? 

Most tests only give me SD-YELLOW as a result, it seems like the tests don't support higher levels or I am just answering the questions using pure YELLOW. 

There are official tests. Just search them online.

The problem is not the lack of tests, it's the influence of self-bias when taking said tests. It's easy to skew the results once you've studied the model and know the "right" answers to give yourself the result you are looking for.

The best way to actually determine your level is to rigorously study the model and then do personal development work for many years. Your level will become much more apparent, although always open to some degree of interpretation. 

Your level does not matter. Use the spiral stages and theory as fuel to self-inquiry and experimentation based on hypothesis you make up from what you think you know.

There's no particular status in being this or that, the only thing that matters is how you show up to the world, and how you can self-influence yourself towards showing up in new ways.

Interestingly, at some point also that drive dissolves. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

23 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

There's no particular status in being this or that, the only thing that matters is how you show up to the world, and how you can self-influence yourself towards showing up in new ways.

Interestingly, at some point also that drive dissolves. 

Thanks I like this answer a lot.